Raiders of the Lost Ark vs. The Terminator

10 comments

4 comments

Love the Terminator, but not many films are more fun and stay with you the way Raiders does.

This is actually way harder than I expected it to be.. if we were talking Terminator 2 then Arnold might just win out since Raiders is my least favorite Indiana Jones movie.. but still that doesn't say much.

Terminator is a good movie, just not as good as Raiders. if this had been Terminator 2 this decision would be a lot eaiser.

Raiders is definitely better. (I'm just throwing this out there, but maybe Indiana is a robot sent from the future to find archeological rarities and beat nazis).

Raiders for sure.

T2 vs Raiders would have been a more interesting match-up. But RotLA without breaking a sweat here.

Raiders any day all day. I really like The Terminator but even T2 doesn't beat Indy

Raiders wins a close one.

I love Raiders, but Terminator is too brilliant to lose this one.

Terminator by a hair.

Raiders definitely wins for me.

Ahhhh, two icons of the 80s. I have plenty of time for both, and it probably should be The Terminator seeing how I grew up with it and its sequel, whereas Raiders (believe it or not) I have only seen ONCE in it's entirety, as opposed to the sequels which I have seen several times. On the other hand, there are a couple of sequences in Terminator which really show their age; the stop motion Terminator skeleton and some of the more rubbery prosthetics, whereas Raiders has aged better in my opinion. Plus I'd choose T2 over T1, whereas Raiders is unsurpassed within the Indiana Jones franchise (though Last Crusade had a good go). Close, but I'm going to give the edge to Raiders here.

Both are very good films, but nowhere near the best like so many think. I love many films more than these two.

I'm going with Terminator, Raiders was also very good, but Terminator just felt more consistent to me.

Love Raiders, but T1 was a definitive movie when it came to my perception on film. Terminator it is.

T2 beats Raiders. Same goes to the fucking Skynet Edition. But, Raiders just abuses the first Terminator.