Dr. No vs. Goldfinger

3 comments

8 comments

Sure, Dr. No started it all, but Goldfinger is pretty much the definitive Bond movie, and certainly Connery's best in the role.

Actually, I prefer Connery as he was in "Dr. No" to "Goldfinger" - he was more ruthless and dangerous earlier. But "Goldfinger" is "Goldfinger," and as a movie it's on a whole 'nother level.

The toughest decision, but I have to go with Goldfinger.

It's pretty close, but I think Dr. No has the better, less goofy story. I can understand why someone else would prefer Goldfinger, however.

Watching Dr No for the first time was a very satisfying experience. More so than From Russia With Love, which is without a doubt a better film, but it's also more boring. Goldfinger is the best of both worlds: like Dr. No it has a memorable villain and the same entertainment value, and like From Russia With Love it has a memorable henchman, an awesome pre-credits scene and the same production value. Goldfinger also has the most memorable lines and scenes of the franchise. The story is indeed pretty goofy compared to Dr. No and From Russia With Love, but those movies had their ridiculous moments as well. It's close, but I'm going with Goldfinger.

Both are amazing, but honestly I just prefer the adventure aspect of Dr. No, it wins here.

I find this incredibly tough, a few hours ago (which is when I saw Goldfinger for the first time, I would've picked it) but boy, this one is making me think....I might say Goldfinger because of that awesome line. "No Mr Bond, I expect you to die!" and also, Oddjob was badass!

After rewatching both twice in the last 2 weeks or so, I now prefer Goldfinger. All of Connery's Bond films get better every time you watch them.

Dr. No started it, Goldfinger perfected it. Goldfinger wins.

Goldfinger oh yes indeed.

Goldfinger

I changed my mind! Dr. No is the best James Bond film.

Goldfinger and Dr. No are masterpieces and are amazing, but I still prefer Dr. No.

Goldfinger