The Avengers vs. Batman

3 comments

8 comments

Hm. Hmmmmmmmmmmm.............

Damn. This is a kick in the teeth.

"New and improved Joker products! With a new secret ingredient: Smylex."

Batman

While Batman has grown on me, I think Avengers wins this one for now. It just brings everything together so well.

The Avengers is kind of use to it, to Batman

I found both of them to be somewhat overrated. Batman does have the cool Prince soundtrack though and it seems to flow together more seamlessly.

Rewatching Batman recently, it is still a damn cool movie. Great performances, stylish and beautiful to look at, cool action and The Joker is a fantastic villain. But I did notice it is slightly dated. The tone becomes campy at times (e.g. “you wanna get nuts”), I like Prince but the songs he did are very dated and Bruce Wayne is a pretty shallow written protagonist. Still stays in my top 100. The first Avengers is a movie I never really connected with. It’s a neat ensemble but feels basic and predictable and as the next 3 improved of it in both scale and quality, I don’t have much of a reason to go back to it unless I marathon the other movies

Avengers is the gold standard. Batman was a phenomenon but a 1989 cheesy phenomenon. Can't hang with the best CBM ever made.

Avengers dominates

Batman cause Nicholson's Joker