The Avengers vs. Superman

4 comments

4 comments

on 5/8/2012

Avengers was sweet, but Superman had a lot more heart.

on 5/11/2012

Superman, along with Batman Begins, easily occupy the top 2 spots for origin films. While Supes and Avengers both have memorable villains (albiet for different reasons), neither has a very interesting final goal. Still, The interactions b/w Superman's cast feels less forced. Superman for the win!

on 7/8/2012

The Avengers worked better for me. Superman in film lacks the charm he has in the comics.

on 5/31/2013

I got more entertainment out of The Avengers, but I did enjoy Superman quite a lot as well. It's close.

on 5/31/2013

Original Superman did nothing for me. The Avengers was a much more enjoyable experience....

on 6/1/2013

"Superman", for it's time, is a stunning and impressive achievement. Reeves was perfectly cast, as was Hackman, but Luthor's whole endgame was too cartoony for such a serious movie, which hurts it a bit (and I think it's a bit too long). "The Avengers" is a film I have no real issues with; pure fun and spectacle with witty dialogue and great characterizations. I realize without "Superman", "The Avengers" probably wouldn't have ever been made, but I believe the latter to be the better movie.

on 8/17/2013

Reeve, Brando and Hackman are too good for the Avengers.

on 12/25/2015

Superman

on 3/22/2017

Are you kidding me, Superman has aged terribly, it's cheesy as hell nowadays. Superman is influential, sure, but at the end of the day when it comes to enjoyment, both are popcorn flicks and Avengers holds up a lot better, and is far more enjoyable to watch.

on 3/22/2017

The Avengers, an okay popcorn flick without substance, is NOT better than a true superhero masterpiece!

on 3/24/2017

Avengers has to be considered 100 times the better film. The genre has evolved SO much since the kiddie cheese of the 1970's.