The Avengers vs. Die Hard

4 comments

12 comments

Both great Action films but I gotta go with Die Hard all the way.

"Yippie-ki-yay, Mutherfucka!" Die Hard for the win!

Jaja! Die Hard FTW

The Avengers

Die Hard was a classic of its time but, on technical levels (script, acting, characterization...) The Avengers is superior.

Sure Avengers is superior, that goes without saying but I still love Die Hard. In fact, after I see Avengers a dozen more times it'll be the film that breaks my personal viewing record for "most times watched" and that's Die Hard. I still have to watch Die Hard every time I'm flipping through the channels and I come across it.

THIS is why I love flickchart....I'm going with Avengers. (Granted I have seen it only 4 times versus the dozens of viewings of Die Hard)

JRM
JRM

Die Hard's interesting story is what easily wins this match-up.

Someday....it might be the Avengers, but right now....it's still John McClane....

Die Hard's okayish, but it's not really the perfect dumb action film people like to pretend it is. The direction is sterile and lacking spatial clarity, and is there a single scene without dumb meandering orchestral music? It introduced some conventions, but the people who say it totally changed action movies need to see Police Story or something, to be honest. With that said it beats any of these new CGI shitfests any day.

I'll gladly take The Avengers over the 'meh' Die Hard.

Avengers for me, Die Hard is great though.

Die Hard owns, nuff said

Two great action movies. I might go with The Avengers.

avengers, think it has more to it, which is why it wins against the awesome action in die hard (which avengers also had alot of)

Mystic didn't just say "Meh".......That is harsh. Die Hard is one of the best action movies ever. I guess you had to grow up in the late 80's/early 90's.

Die Hard is intense. I love intense stuff. Avengers is childish. I mostly hate childish stuff.

Die Hard is a define winner here.

ear
ear

Will always be Die Hard.

Die Hard definitely wins, Avengers will always be garbage.