Finding Dory vs. Finding Nemo

1 comments

6 comments

on 6/17/2016

I'll be the first to chime in on what is sure to be a spirited (though, I imagine, one-sided) debate once more people see Finding Dory. I'm sure to be alone on this, but I prefer the sequel, for reasons similar to why I like Cars 2 more than Cars. Finding Nemo and Cars are both slow movies compared to their successors. Please note that I'm not saying that's a bad thing; however, the faster, more frenetic, pace of Finding Dory and Cars 2, along with the focus on Mater and Dory (the highlights of those first movies for me), is a good thing. Although what sets Finding Dory apart from Cars 2 is, like Toy Story 3, you're aboard the feels train as well as the laughs train. It truly is a rollercoaster of emotion, filled with a lovable and varied enough cast of new characters that you won't miss the Tank Gang from the first one. At least I didn't; forgot about them entirely, in fact. Moreover, the hilarious highs and the heart-wrenching lows, in my opinion, are even higher and lower in Finding Dory than in Finding Nemo. A father trying desperately to find his son is sad, yes. But a daughter, especially one such as Dory, trying to find her parents is sadder still. For a while it seems hopeless, and later on it appears to become more hopeless still. I had faith in Pixar to do right by these characters, though, whatever that ended up meaning, and I feel they most certainly did... and then some. Finding Dory it is.

on 9/5/2016

Dory will never replace Nemo in my mind, but it is a sequel that was far better than I'd hoped it could be. It's great. But I connect more with Nemo, and it seems to resonate more every time I see it.

on 2/6/2017

Finding Nemo is far better than its good but forgettable sequel

on 2/6/2017

Well I hate to break it to you charyou tree, but nemo is a better movie because 1. Technical standpoint. 2. Storytelling stand point. 3. Originality. 4. Characters likability. 5. The graphics look better even though it's the older movie.

on 7/15/2017

Nemo > Dory and it's not even close.

on 2/4/2019

Definitely Finding Nemo.

on 2/5/2019

Nemo. Dorys ok.