Back to the Future vs. The Empire Strikes Back

17 comments

17 comments

Oh, ugh. Too hard. "Back to the Future" gets better with additional viewings, maybe because we've never had a movie where Marty is eight years old and loves Podracing.

This place wants me to kill myself!

The best of two trilogies. However, does anyone else feel the original Star Wars trilogy is sort of downgraded with the existence of the awful prequels?

Somehow i cannot vote for BttF in this one.

BTTF is superior to Star Wars in every way.

lies and slander, lies and slander, Star wars hands down

I've probably seen each 100 times. The Empire Strikes Back wins.

I am tearing up inside...I grew up on BTTF although I am in love with Star Wars. Empire wins by a hair.

Feel the power of The Empire Strikes Back.

Choices? Where we're going we don't need...choices. Back to the Future!

The Empire Strikes Back hands down. For all the wrong choices made in the prequels you can't lessen the power of Vader in his finest hour. Back to the Future is a classic to be sure, but come on... it's Empire people!

Yeah, I agree @JRyneChattanooga. Both are classics for sure and immensely enjoyable to watch, but it was Empire and the other Star Wars movies (yes, even the prequels, but I know they're bad) that created my love for movies. So that's the main reason Empire is my favorite movie of all time. Empire wins!!

I only recently saw Empire Strikes Back and though I found it to be absolutely incredible, I grew up with Back to the Future. It is a classic film and has a special place in my heart. I hold the film to dearly so Marty wins.

Empire Strikes Back

Vader

Back to the Future is too brilliant. It wins.

Even Vader can top Marty McFly....

Nevermind Empire

both in top 5! But empire wins, not by far

can watch these again, and again and again...

yeah, back to the future now

flickchart broken! Want to switch empire with my #8 not #6!!

Back to the future will never be empire strikes back

Or maybe it will lol

Actually bttf

Empire Strikes Back, without a doubt

Back to the Future wins but I enjoy both.

Most people on this site enjoy these two more than I do. I like them both, but not top 20 or 30 material. It seems to me that these two are both nostalgic type movies. They both epitomize what the 80's meant to kids and teenagers. As for the matchup itself, I think they're pretty close. Going with BTTF I guess. Close matchup though.

BttF is my personal nostalgiac pick

Are you kidding me? 2 All time 80s classics & you expect me 2 choose which do I prefer more? Fine, I prefer Empire because BTTF was good but the whole incest storyline really drove me off the wall in frustration along with the antagonist that you love to hate & the sad excuse for a father.

Back to the Future is great, but Empire is much better.

Two exciting adventure films from the 80s that have been love are generations and will be loved for generations to come! What can I say about these two that hasn't been said a thousand times before! Empire Strikes Back isn't just my favourite Sci-Fi movie or Adventure movie but it's my favourite film of all time! Sorry, Doc.

Back to the Future ... though this matchup can (in my experience) lead to a very spirited debate.

BTTF wins this easily..

ear
ear

The Empire Strikes Back by far...

The Empire Strikes Back to the Future

Back to the Future is far better.

Back to the future

As a kid The Empire Strikes Back was my least favorite of the original trilogy. It didn't click with me really until later. This is hard, as Back to the Future was a childhood favorite of mine. So BttF, but narrowly.

One's cheesy and the other is a sequel with the biggest fan base/Jim Henson's puppets.

Both are classics. Two of the best movies of 80's and top 20 movies. Empire Strikes Back wins

BTTF is better, I hate ESB