Dante's Peak vs. Volcano

7 comments

4 comments

Dante's Peak, the Armageddon to Volcano's Deep Impact.

or is it the other way around..?

I guess Volcano has high-viscosity action... but that's not really a good thing.

Even though it was more popular id say Dante's Peak was Volcano's Deep Impact. It felt was much smaller in scale where as Volcano was much more Bay-ish even though Volcano was better.

Dante's Peak, every time.

Volcano is terrible (despite the presence of Tommy Lee Jones, the film's one glimmer of hope). Dante's Peak is...well, not terrible, anyway.

I personally liked Volcano more (43% on Rotten Tomatoes) compared to Dante's Peak (27% on RT) as the former was very entertaining to watch.

Dante's Peak only had 27% on RT??? That's crazy. It's a thrilling (although cheesy) disaster film. Better than a lot of other efforts I've seen including Volcano.

Both are hilariously bad and also bored the shit out of me. Couldn't keep my focus on either because they were both so terrible and boring so I can't add them to my flickchart. Volcano is definitely worse though. See guy on fire from the lava burning alive and nobody cares but a dog is trapped in a house and about to die but just walks out the doggy door and everyone was more scared for the dog.

Small town disaster movie all the way!

Battle of the 1997 Volcano movies. I think these basically cancel each other out. I like Pierce Brosnan and Tommy Lee Jones equally, Volcano has the better setting, but Dante's Peak had better special effects. I'll go Dante's Peak for the effects, but it's a toss up.

ear
ear

Dante 's Peak had better effects and story.

Dante's Peak>Volcano