Halloween vs. The Silence of the Lambs

3 comments

1 comments

Hannibal Lecter is a hell of a lot scarier than Michael Myers, now that I think about it. It's more likely that Myers would dispatch a victim quickly than Lectre, who would probably subject his vprey to all kinds of horrors. The guy's a freaking cannibal, afterall. And frightfully clever. The first time I saw The Silence of the Lambs, I was fairly unsettled. Halloween barely had any effect on me at all.

These are two of the best serial killer thrillers ever, but "The Silence of the Lambs" is the better film, by far.

The Silence of the Lambs is more about the real monsters in life. Michael Myers is a bogeyman in the minds of children. All you have to grow up and he's gone. I only wish the same could be said for Hannibal Lecter. I have Silence of the Lambs in my DVD collection but rarely watch it anymore. I can't take the aggravation. With Halloween it's scary I guess, but easier to forget once you've watched it.

Halloween wins but it was pretty close

Both deal with psychotic men who have the need to kill while Lambs is bloodier and has better acting the drama and character development make it a great horror movie but Halloween isnt that deep on the surface a slasher but Myers snapped one day and has a dark force driving him to kill usually around sex and nudity the score and setting is way more eerie and the brute strength and almost bullet proof tone Myers has is unnerving a very good story all said and down Halloween is my pick.

I love Halloween for sure. Silence has a lot more to offer though, it wins this.

Halloween holds up better.