Ant-Man vs. Doctor Strange

4 comments

3 comments

Voting Ant-Man even though I enjoyed both movies very much. Great to see Marvel doing origin movies of lesser known characters and doing them sublimely and superbly.

Just rewatched them both back to back. I think both are mostly pretty good, but they have their minor issues, in my opinion. Much of Ant-Man's humor falls flat, I think. Doctor Strange has a few pacing errors. But I praise both due to the fact that they're both very different kinds of superhero movies, by today's standards. Ant-Man doesn't do the typical CGI showdown that we're all used to seeing. Doctor Strange brings magic into the MCU. These movies introduce some great characters that I can't wait to see more of in Infinity War and future installments. While I think Ant-Man has the stronger narrative, I'm going with Doctor Strange because I think the characters are much better written.

Ant-Man is "middle of the road" in the MCU. It's fine, I like Paul Rudd and Michael Douglas, the story was interesting (although, it was a little generic) and the action was great. Unfortunately, the villain was awful, the humour was hit and miss and the daughter was just a plot device to me. A little side note: I think Ant-Man would work better as a solo character in the MCU rather than being added to the Avengers and that's where his part in Civil War benefited. Doctor Strange is terrible. Story was generic and filled with exposition, they overused CGI, the magic left me confused at times, the villain was, again, terrible and in the end I didn't remember much about it. Ant-Man wins!

Ant Man

I like Dr. Strange more now than when it first came out. Still, I have always loved Ant-Man.

I have come to really like both upon re-watches. I'll go Ant-Man here

Ant.man,

ant-man is ok, doctor strange is great