Moonraker vs. Diamonds Are Forever

5 comments

2 comments

Connery's worst vs. Moore's worst. And it isnt even close.

Moonraker ruined Jaws as a villain, but at least Moore wasn't as out of shape as Connery was in Diamonds. Advantage, Roger.

Probably my two least favorite Bond movies, or at least two of my least favorites. Moonraker is so boring. The most boring Bond movie if you ask me. Diamonds isn't boring, but it's painfully campy instead. I hate almost everything in that movie; the portrayal of the villain, the Bondgirls, the action, the chases, Mr. Wint and Mr. Kidd, Bambi and Thumper (just...wtf), Sean Connery's performance, and the fact that James Bond speaks German when clearly Dutch is the native language of The Netherlands (I know, biggest nitpick ever, but if you're Dutch you'll understand). Moonraker wins.

Ethnicky eastern countries aren't the only places that should have inaccurate and vaguely insulting representations in Bond movies!

Like I said: biggest nitpick ever. Compared to the inaccurate (and probably racist) stuff in Live and Let Die and You Only Live Twice, it's nothing. But if you're Dutch you'll immediately ask yourself 'wait...why is he speaking German?'. Then again, if you ask someone who's not from Holland to describe the Dutch language, they'll probably say 'I dunno, isn't it like German?'.

Both are pretty underrated if you ask me. I'll take Connery in a pretty close matchup.

There are no words to say how underrated these 2 movies are, but I prefer Moonraker, these movies are my gulty pleasures.

Moonraker.

Moonraker

I legit love DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER.