Ferris Bueller's Day Off vs. The Breakfast Club

22 comments

19 comments

OOOHHH....The Breakfast Club VS. Ferris Bueller's Day Off. This is the hardest one yet.

This one is really tough. I think TBC wins it though, at least today. :)

Talk about iconic movies that you should never have to choose between. I am going to have to with TBC on this one though. It just hits a little closer to home is a more personal movie.

Good god, this is tough. I think Ferris takes it though. At least today.

wow. two suckfests. which is the lesser evil?

easy for me: bueller - fun and decent message breakfast - less fun and ridiculous message (paint yourself up, weird girl, to become like every other generic and you'll find love and happiness!)

Demonkagome, you don't know how glad I am to see you. How these two got the reputation they now have, I will never know. At least Ferris Bueller's Day Off is humorous at times and isn't so contrived and heavy-handed.

ear
ear

Grace: "Oh, he's very popular Ed. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude." Ferris Bueller has aged better.

Please get me out of a detention. I'd rather be hanging out with Ferris and Cameron.

I didn't really like bueller so...

pretty easy for. FERRIS

ear
ear

Ferris rules!

TBC has that God awful final act.

The Breakfast Club takes it here, don't get me wrong I love Ferris. But TBC has something more, something I like more. I do agree with the fact that Allison shouldn't have changed into the typical girl. (I thought she was prettier before the change.)

Both movies are funny teen comedies! I thought the Breakfast Club was a good movie dealing with the different clicks in high school but all together I love everything about Ferris Bueller!

liked both films but enjoyed bueller much more to be honest

Wow, this has got to be one of the toughest choices. I'll go with The Breakfast Club for now. Just a hair more relatable. But just a hair. Ferris is right behind it.

I'm proud to say Mr. Hughes made me who I am today. The Breakfast Club is just amazing. Ferris is funny but, this time, he'll lose the battle.

I'm proud to say Mr. Hughes made me who I am today. The Breakfast Club is just amazing. Ferris is funny but, this time, he'll lose the battle.

The Breakfast Club still resonates to kids who watch it today. Ferris is just fun. BC.

I think both are vastly overrated. I'll go with Ferris, only because the first half hour was fantastic.

The Breakfast Club is a great movie with great characters and a great message, but Ferris Bueller's Day Off is one of the funnest movies ever made.

Ah, my youth!!!! A little Ferris and the Club in everyone from that era! Love both films.

2 great films that makes you feel good. I will go with Breakfest Club

Bueller !!!

dont you want to hear my excuse i think im going for a scholorshiiiip. hard but i have to go breakfast club

The breakfast club is the only movie I rented and watch 4 times in a row. Its my 5th favorite movie of all time. I new all 5 of those characters in High School

I've seen Ferris Bueller innumerable times, in part because my father liked the film a lot too (he didn't like TBC). I think The Breakfast Club has more meaning if you are of a certain age, either having seen it at the time it was still fresh, or having seen it at an age at which you can identify with it. But Ferris Bueller is a comedy classic, and enjoyment of its farce is not restricted to those who identify with white American teenage angst. My girlfriend, who is about the same age as I am (but has seen far less movies) has Ferris as one of her favorites, but she's never even seen The Breakfast Club, nor has any desire to do so, despite the fact that she actually went to "high school" and I was home-schooled, so I only know those typologies from movies, not my own experience.

Bueller can go home... Breakfast Club all the way!

It's been a while since I wanted a movie to end as much as I wanted The Breakfast Club to end. The last half hour or so is just torture. Bueller by a long shot - the writing is less heavy-handed, the characters much more interesting, the jokes land with perfect timing. These films aren't in the same ballpark.

Bueller is one of the most overrated films in my opinion. I guess being in my early-mid 20s I might be too young to appreciate it. Weird I loved Fast times at ridgemont high and dazed and confused. It might be Matthew Broderick, I find him to be annoying as hell in a lot of his movies. I will leave it at just not my taste, cause I know there are a lot of fans out there.

Two of favorite 80's movies, gotta go with The Breakfast Club

The Breakfast Club, in my opinion, is a better film. Both films has a similar comedic style due to the witty writing of John Hughes but I feel that Breakfast Club stands for more to me at my teen age; it discusses stereotypes and the misconceptions they cause. Ferris Bueller is a fun film but isn't as credible or relatable as The Breakfast Club

JRM
JRM

Not difficult for me at all. Ferris is good fun, but it isn't very deep in terms of storytelling or character development. Breakfast Club may be the best coming-of-age film I've ever seen.

Two of the most rewatchable movies ever made. I watch Ferris every time I stay home from school. Unfortunately, I only stay home about once a year. The Breakfast Club wins! Plus, Molly Ringwald is a definite catch.

Sure, The Breakfast Club was a good watch. It's got good humor with a handful of memorable scenes. It doesn't compare to the golden Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

The Breakfast Club takes it for me, probably because I've seen it more times. Ferris Bueller's Day Off is amazing as well, but I have a special place for films like The Breakfast Club.

The Breakfast Club is not only enjoyable and funny, but it really focus on teenage problems while Ferris Bueller's Day Off has only the funny and enjoyable part. Besides, the plot of Ferris Bueller's is too wie and Mia Sara's character is quite useless.

I got to have Breakfast

Breakfast all the way

Ferris Bueller is a fun movie but Breakfast Club is far superior for me.

True Teen Greatness. The 80's simply created the better human beings as proved by these classics.

The Breakfast Club wins in a close one.

the breakfast club. but very close

i change my mind. bueller

but breakfast club still one for my favourite

ear
ear

After all these years it is still Ferris.......