Thor: Ragnarok vs. Deadpool

13 comments

10 comments

Tough.....I think Deadpool

Thor was far more complex with actual consequences. More fun without the need for the lowest common denominator. Deadpool is a fun "R" rated cartoon of a movie but nothing more.

Complex? Falcon is a satirical genius. Let us all enjoy him while he is still able to crack wise.

Falcon speaketh the truth.

Doth mother know you weareth her drapes? Anyway, Thor is WAY better than Deadpool.

*Complex*. Laughs. Still miles better than Deadpool though.

Thor: Ragnarok is why they invented cinema. Deadpool is why they invented pegging.

Two mediocre movies that AREN'T the reason why cinema was created. Both of them rely more on colours, jokes and music rather than substance, good stories and well written characters. How is Suckarock is considered a complex masterpiece with actual consequences, again? Don't you need substance, social commentary and depth to be complex (and Suckarock has none of that)?

Thor: Ragnarok is the best blockbuster movie of 2017. Deadpool was a fun February movie that surprised but wasn't as great as any of the Thor films.

Deadpool has more heart, oddly enough. Ragnarok is easily the best solo Thor movie, but solidly middle-tier MCU. Reynolds and Hemsworth are both funny guys, though.

I really like Deadpool, but it blew its best load in the 1st act and thus the rest of the movie just can't measure up. THor Ragnarok gets the edge for being awesome and fun throughout.

Deadpool. Other than Hulk I found Ragnarok kind of disappointing. I saw after everyone else did, and all my friends were saying how funny the film was, and I was like fuck yeah can't wait. Unfortunately it wasn't as funny as people said it was. As far as funny MCU movies go "The Avengers" "Guardians of the Galaxy" and "Ant-Man" had way better jokes, and thus made them more enjoyable IMO. Thor 3 is overrated. But still the second best Thor movie Thor Thor: Ragnarok Thor: The Dark World

Thor is light-years ahead. Real consequences to go along with its humor, fun and action. Deadpool is... Deadpool. Unique but one note.

ear
ear

Thor hammers Deadpool.

Thor Ragarok had it's awesome entertaining moments and while Deadpool is nothing..

Deadpool is good but Ragnarok has the perfect rewatchable of the infinity saga as it is.

Ragnarok is entertaining and funny and also very rewatchable, Deadpool is all of those but times 2

deadpool is more entertaining and funny

I'll say it. Deadpool is overrated, though i enjoy the film, i knew that the only thing going for it is Ryan Reynolds, it's a generic origin film with no plot

The story was simple, yet effective. Deadpool kept things simple and restrained, and it was nothing more than a romantic comedy and revenge tale with buckets of blood thrown in for good measure, and wasn’t trying to be anything more, and it was better for it

Thor should be a great mythic hero on the level of Aragorn, with whom he shares many personality traits with in the comics. His movies should be operatic, larger-than-life, full of bravado. He should be riding into battle with Warriors Three and Sif by his side, protecting the weak from all that is evil. Thor's speech should sound like old English poetry, Instead, we get to see Thor mumbling garbage dialogue in a poorly written farcical plot that often times feels like a sequel to Space Balls. Ragnarok is to Thor what Batman & Robin was to Batman. Actually... Nah, even B&R wouldn't have killed one of Batman's friends and then never have Batman show any concern over what is up with them.

Ragnarok cause it's funnier :)

I love both movies, but I'll give the edge to Deadpool. Whilst I love Ragnarok, it really slows down whenever Hela is on-screen, whereas Deadpool is consistently well-paced and enjoyable.