Spy Kids 2: The Island of Lost Dreams vs. Spy Kids

3 comments

1 comments

The few things that made Spy Kids bearable were taken out of the sequels and replaced with stupid jokes and, amazingly enough, even more ridiculous plot elements. I mean, to what "Lost Dreams" does the title refer? Like I said; stupid.

I've got to go with the second one. It's more adventurous.

I have mixed thoughts on Spy Kids 2… It keeps the charm and likability of the characters from the first, and there’s a decent amount of jokes that made me chuckle. And it has some cool world building.. but on the other hand, the world building can be stupid at times, and for every good joke, there’s a really flat one.. the plot also has some problems, more unreasonable then the first. Speaking of the first, I really like it. It can be enjoyed by older viewers, and children. Better plot, humor, pacing. It’s easy to choose here, Spy Kids’ first film was vastly superior to the sequel.

2. Because it has the iconic "Do you think God stays in Heaven because he too lives in fear of what he's created." line.

Believe it or not, these movies used to be the definition of cool back in their day. I give a slight edge to the original

The very nice sequel to the first