On Her Majesty's Secret Service vs. Goldfinger

3 comments

5 comments

I'm choosing "Goldfinger" because everything that makes it iconic is what makes it cool, and fun to re-watch. But I think we'll always wonder what "OHMSS" would have been with Sean Connery. It might have been the best of them all.

So true. On Her Majesty's Secret Service has got it all: a superb soundtrack; an amazing villain; a stunning (and tough) Bond girl; great action; an interesting (and rather unusual) story; and lots of humour. If 007 had been played by Sean Connery or Roger Moore, it could have been the best of them all. The way it is, I'll go with Goldfinger, though OHMSS is still awesome, even with George Lazenby as Bond.

For me it's not even a question. Although Goldfinger is a great film it doesn't resonate with me on an emotional level. OHMSS most certainly does, which is why it gets my vote.

This moment in time, I'm actually leaning more OHMSS, though that could easily change five minutes from now.

Once you start talkin' about Bond, you can't stop...at least I can't. Anyway, these two are classics. George Lazenby wasn't great, sure, but the rest of the cast did great and the movie is well made *shrug*. It seems like you either love or hate OHMSS. I love it. Still, Goldfinger.

Two of my favorite Bond film, but honestly I'm going with OHMSS.

After my most recent viewing of each I am switching over to Goldfinger.

two of the best. on her majesty's secret gets it!

Goldfinger dominates...

Goldfinger is the icon, but OHMSS is the better movie.

On Her Majesty's Secret Service just goes on way too long. I'll go with Goldfinger every time.

Goldfinger is more of a classic and slicker Bond!