The Cabin in the Woods vs. The Exorcist

2 comments

6 comments

Damn, Flickchart...there is no mercy from you, huh? Both have some great scares, but where as Cabin In the Woods is a clever deconstruction of the horror genre, The Exorcist is just a purely great horror movie. The Exorcist wins this one, IMO.

Cabin doesn't take itself seriously but instead provides a fun twist to the already rehashed horror genre. Exorcist is a great horror film and one of the best but I was nowhere near entertained by it as I was with Cabin.

The Exorcist i one of the defining films of the horror genre.

As much as I (really) liked The Cabin in the Woods, The Exorcist is pretty much a masterpiece.

The Exorcist, to this day, is still one of the most disturbing movies I've ever seen. Cabin of the Woods is ranked higher, so it gets the win, but I simply love both of these...

The Exorcist is a grand horror film its disturbing and wonderfully acted with great effects and the best character study in and horror film love Cabin it is awesome but the Exorcist is one of the best.

Exorcist wins for sure. Both are great.

Exorcist was plainly boring, and funny. ("Let Jesus fuck with you" - damn, was that supposed to be disturbing? Lol) I'm not a religious guy myself, but I'm still pretty frightened and scarred by The Omen and Rosemary's Baby, while The Exorcist was just...funny! Cabin was even funnier though. Easy one.