Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb vs. A Clockwork Orange

9 comments

10 comments

And the gloves come off. Kubrick vs Kubrick. Dystopia vs dystopia. Srangelove is one of my all time favorite movies and largely that's due to the efforts of Peter Sellars... And so it wins here, but I'm sure there are many who feel that between these 2 classics, A Clockwork Orange has more to offer....

Clockwork

Son of a bitch.

This is probably the Kubrick matchup that I have the most trouble deciding on. Dr. Strangelove wins once again, but it could be different next time.

A Clockwork Orange for me. I enjoyed Dr Stranglove, but I think I need to see it again to fully appreciate the film.

I appreciate ACO more.

My favorite Kubrick film is ACO, out of the ones I've seen.

ACO wins.

Strangelove is definitely the better film though A Clockwork Orange is great.

I love both of these Kubrick films. Dr. Strangelove is better but I like ACO more.

I like A Clockwork orange more and I think Kubrick's direction in Clockwork is better than in Dr strangelove but love Strangelove too

Both are my favorite films of all time and both are Kubrick films. I discovered Dr. Strangelove after A Clockwork Orange. ACO kind of brought up my standards and was very apealing to me. Considering it was made in 1971, it has held up fantastically. ACO was a life-changing film for me so it wins.

A Clockwork Orange isn't necesarily better but I favor it over Strangelove

2001 > Strangelove > ACO

^This comment is correct.

Clockwork Orange

Comunist choose

Kubrick's 2nd best verses 3rd best. Dr. Strangleove wins because of Sellars hilarious performance.

Hey, 2001 - A Space Odyssey is the 3rd best, no A Clockwork Orange

Kubrick top 3 1. 2001 a Space Odyssey 2. Dr. Strangelove 3. A Clockwork Orange

Top three Kubrick, both behind The Shining. ACO was great, but Dr. Strangelove was more memorable, enjoyable, and iconic.

Strangelove is Kubrick's second best film. From Peter Sellars' hilarious and brilliant performances to the sharp satire to the hilarious yet haunting commentary on our consistent habit of trying to bite off more than possible to chew, even going so far as to outright compare the American government to the Nazis through their survival plan.

If it wasn't clear enough, I vote for Strangelove

This one is pretty much neck to neck for me but I will choose ACO