Alien vs. The Matrix

13 comments

15 comments

Ok the alien is an awesome classic as is the Matrix. What if I like these films equally? Although Alien is in my top five films of all time.

Toughest match-up ever.

Both are great movies, but the one without Keanu Reeves wins it.

ear
ear

The Matrix is a slight favorite here.

Although at first glance they seem to be similar, these are really two very different movies. Alien is an old-fashioned horror film dressed up in sci/fi garb, and The Matrix is an action flick with metaphysical pretensions. I love them both, but choose the horror movie here.

I'm also firmly in the "I love both" category. But, as with my preference for Aliens over Alien, I prefer the action to the horror. Have to go with The Matrix on this one. (Aliens would beat it, though.)

Oh, this is easy. I'll take... um... um... um...

Going with Alien because the sequels didn't suck so hard. Also cause it's got Sigourney instead of Keanu.

Aaaaaaaaaargh! Two tough for me to pick...the rankings will decide.

THe Matrix. Top Sci Fi Action.

Alien is all in all a better film. And experience.

The Matrix blows me away to this day. Alien has been growing on me though.

A L I E N

T H E M A T R I X

Top notch sci-fi matchup here. Both top 20 for me. Going with Alien, but a very tough choice.

Come on guys, matrix. Not a challenge

In case I haven't commented on this one, Alien wins.

Two amazing Sci Fi film I'm picking Alien

Two of best. Going with The Matrix.

Wow, this is a tough one. Two of the top five sci-fi films of all time. I guess I'll take Alien. By a skosh.

I'm Picking the matrix.

Battle of the giants. Have to go with Matrix on this one for the fact that it just continually blows me away, even today. Acting may be spotty at times, but the action factor tops it for me in this case. Aliens is still great, though, don't get me wrong.

I still haven't commented in this match-up yet !!!!!! Alien easily

Going with The Matrix here, Alien had a cool world but I felt there wasn't enough action.

Keanu Reeves give the edge to Alien, but both are gr8.

Matrix wasn't that special for me, Alien easily takes this nod...

The Matrix>Alien

Alien easily takes it, Matrix is the most overrated film ever in my experience while it's a cartoonish dumb crap annoying action sci-fi film ever..

Alien is a masterpiece of form, but The Matrix is a masterpiece of form and content. Most relevant sci-fi movie today, tomorrow, forever...

The matrix for me. Alien is also great but it loses most of its scare factor on rewatch.

Alien has superb acting and atmosphere for sure. MATRIX has far more intriguing story and better plot lines and better philosophy . MATRIX has insane action sequences while Alien is just a man in a plastic suit. MATRIX WINS FOR SURE

Matrix destroys both Alien and Aliens