The Godfather Part II vs. The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King

19 comments

12 comments

The best Godfather beats the best LOTR by far...

Two great epic films here the third Lord of the Rings film is an outstanding in just about every way but I prefer The Godfather Part II, I just love every minute of that film.

LOTR wins for me.

The second best Godfather rapes the worst LOTR.

I don't know. I love the godfather part II, but i just don't think it's as good as everyone says. When i think of return of the king, i always think of the extended edition, which is much better. and yet, the godfather is better. can't deny it.

The Godfather Pt II was better than Return of the King. Period.

The Godfather Pt II emerges victorious

The Godfather wins out. I enjoyed it a lot.

The right answer is The Godfather: Part II.

Hyman Roth should team up with Sauron.

Part II is a more complete experience.

Return of the King destroys part II even if it was part I i would have no problem choosing a winner.

I'm with 'MrAwesome245'...If it were the original Godfather film, I would go against the King but I found the Godfather Part II surprisingly disappointing compared with the masterpiece the original is...I'm really surprised as to why the sequel is considered the better film

Both are in my top 10 of all time (7 and 9). The Godfather Part II barely wins this.

Well compared to the first Godfather, any movie would be a disappointment. But many regard TGF2 as superior to part 1 although i don't think so. But i liked FOTR a lot more than ROTK. It introduces us to the story in a grand manner, it had better sceneries, less cheap CGI heavy overlong battle sequences plus its a lot shorter. Not that ROTK wasn't great but honestly i didn't like the new characters that much & the ending scenes just seemed to go on & on. TGF2 is much better obviously.

So close...but Return of the King wins. Reserve the right to change my mind...

A legendary classic (TGF2) versus an epic blockbuster (ROTK). Can I be honest with you? I simply enjoyed ROTK more than TGF2. ROTK is my favorite of the LOTR trilogy. Smeagol/Gollum was outstanding. He was my favorite character of the entire trilogy. At the end of the day, I could probably count on one hand the number of movies I enjoyed more than the LOTR trilogy.

I'm with 'Nononsense' I just find the entire LOTR trilogy better than The Godfather "PART II" Still love Part II but it isn't as important to me as LOTR. Against the original Godfather film, ROTK and TTT would easily lose

The Godfather, Part II crushes here.

Both are still in my top 10, but Return of the King is now higher.

LOTR was a worthy conclusion to a very good series, but The Godfather 2 is one of the great achievements of the American cinema.

Return of the King is my favourite movie of all time so....

part II

Return of the King

LOTR was always be my best film of all

Godfather Part II

LOTT

I mean LOTR

The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King

I've definitely watched RotK more and would rate the LotR series higher, but Godfather II stands by itself as a great movie. RotK sorta requires the other two to fully appreciate.

ROTK was an hour longer and was still more entertaining and better paced than Godfather 2.

Both super epic, but The Godfather is better

My third and fourth favorite movies ever, The Godfather Part II, both are masterpieces

If it was The Godfather ROTK would lose but since it is part 2...