The Godfather Part II vs. Reservoir Dogs

20 comments

7 comments

This website has officially turned EVIL. The Godfather Part II vs Reservoir Dogs. WTF Mate?

Impossible!

The Godfather Part II is the best movie of all time.

Godfather takes it

This is madness.

A great matchup. Both great films and both made history. Godfather II was the first best picture sequel and Reservoir Dogs started the career of one of Hollywoods most finest directors Quentin Tarantino. But I have got to give it to The Godfather Pt II.

Another tough decision...well, maybe not...

I'm going with Dogs. It's short, it's entertaining, it WINS.

I'm down with the Deus on this one...not a tough decision at all...

Now...This is a matchup.

I'm sticking with RD! GF Part II has to suffer a bit without Marlon Brando but is nevertheless, a masterpiece

The Godfather Part II wins a close contest.

Dogs

I actually prefer Pacino's performance to Brando's, @SLionsCricket.

You guys sure love you some Reservoir Dogs.

@robmoviefilms13- I love Pacino, definitely, but for me, Brando was the core of the story! That was an unbelievable performance and I just love Pacino more in Part II....He's amazing, don't get me wrong. Brando, for me! He for me, is the Vito Corleone and the perfect image of a godfather!

TGF2 by far.

Tarantino never made a great movie as TGF2. Yeah it didn't have Brando but Pacino's was at his best. I can't recall a better performance in a negative role . You combine that with De Niro & the rest of the flawless supporting cast, Gordon Willis' revolutionary photography & Rota's haunting score as well as some of the best scenes & lines ever........ this isn't even close.

The Godfather Part II has really grown on me over time but I still pick Reservoir Dogs. Both top 20 films.

Those dogs. Those reservoir-ing, ear-cutting dogs.

GODFAther 2 next question

TGF2 by a nose

Surprised I haven't commented on this one yet. Both are in my top 10 films I believe, but I'll give the edge to Godfather II.

The Godfather Part II. Even though I'm a huge Tarantino fan I've never really cared for Reservoir Dogs all that much.

I pick Tarantino on this one sorry Coppola

lud
lud

Mr.Blonde,Mr.Pink,Mr.White

i prefer The Godfather Part 2