Blade Runner vs. Raiders of the Lost Ark

23 comments

19 comments

:(

The epic duel between two great films with Harrison Ford! I have to pick Raiders, though.

RAIDERS is Harrison Ford at his most iconic and likable, sure. However, I'm a big fan of BLADERUNNER, which plays off Ford's image to great effect, and quite frankly has more depth in its opening minute than the entire span of the Indiana Jones franchise.

Protozoid, saying one minute of BLADE RUNNER has more depth than all of RAIDERS is not only wrong, it might be the exact opposite of the truth. There are more interesting questions about life that go unvoiced in RAIDERS than in BLADE RUNNER, which never finds a balance between on-the-nose and oblique.

Really? If RAIDERS asks any questions about life they are rhetorical and secondary to the plot. BLADE RUNNER is about doubt, and I don't really recall RAIDERS having themes, just references.

Both films have merit beyond just plot. I think Raiders does have some depth, particularly involving faith and religion. I'm not saying it's much, but it's there. Still, there is more to a movie than the themes it explores. You can't argue with the thrill of Raiders, nor with the design of Blade Runner. I have to go with Blade Runner because I do agree with you Protozoid, I find the film more challenging and more interesting, but I still love Raiders and I don't think it should be instantly removed from consideration.

Argh! "Blade Runner." It's a depressing time from beginning to end, but I keep coming back. That's got to be the mark of an excellent film.

Harrison smart or Harrison fun? One of these films is better than the other, but only one is a truly great movie.

Riaders quite easy. Never saw the appeal of Blade Runner whatsoever.

Raiders, and it isn't close. Blade Runner isn't nearly as smart as people seem to think it is. There are ideas in it, sure, but they aren't explored very much and the characters have very little depth. Heck, Ford as Deckard practically sleepwalks through the movie. For much of its length Blade Runner is little more than a seek-and-destroy chase picture, and once it delves into action it has nothing whatever on Indiana Jones.

Raiders without a doubt.

Blade Runner.

Oh, these are both great; I think I've watched them fifty times apiece. Depends on what mood I'm in. Right now I want an adventure, so I'll say "Raiders." If I want to get low later, I'll say "Blade Runner." Really these should both be in my top ten.

Both would make it in my Top 10. Blade Runner isnt my favorite of my top 10, but it's without a doubt the best.

I have seen Raiders a countless number of times, but right now its Blade Runner that takes the reign.

For now, it's Raiders.

Didn't like Blade Runner when I first saw it, plan to re-watch it this weekend...Raiders owns for now :D

Raiders over Blade Runner.

Raiders anyday

Blade Runner for me.

blade runner was good but raiders was amazing.

RAIDERS for now, however I have not seen the Final Cut for BLADE RUNNER yet...

Wow its amazing how quickly my opinion can change, BLADE RUNNER!! haha!

Indy > Deckard any day.

Yep, Raiders.

Why haven't I commented on this match-up yet? Anyway, Blade Runner is a superb sci-fi movie, however Raiders is a completely fantastic action-adventure film and tops Blade Runner.

I have yet to figure out what all the hype is surrounding Raiders. Blade Runner easily for me.

Ouch! One of the hardest matchups yet. Both films are perfect in their own respects. Uhhh, crap - ok, Raiders!

never was an indiana jones fan...Blade Runner...quite easily

Raiders really isn't very good. The opening scene is well done but it does nothing for me. Blade Runner for me.

Despite how mush I loved Blade Runner after my last viewing, it doesn't stand a chance against Raiders.

It took a long time, but I finally get why Blade Runner is so highly regarded. It's definitely grown on me...but not nearly enough to win this matchup.

Blade Runner is a better effort here, Raiders is not my type.

ear
ear

Raiders is by far the better film.

Blade Runner wins this epic mismatch. And what is this I'm reading about Raiders having more depth? It has as much depth as a Charlie Sheen sitcom.

Blade Runner the better Harrison Ford film performance imo.

Blade Runner the better Harrison Ford film performance imo.

Blade Runner is fine but it doesn’t match the excitement of Raiders! I also prefer Indy over Deckard!

even thou raiders made me love Harrison ford and it is one of my favourite movies , blade runner is just at another level. Blade runner might be my favourite movie of all time

This is a difficult choice, but Blade Runner edges Raiders out. IF it was Last Crusade, then I think that would win.

I will go with Blade runner as it is one of the most visually stunning sci-fi films of all time.

Indy > Deckard but Blade Runner > Raiders

Raiders is just far more epic and grand in everything. Sure BR is excellent SCI FI but the grandness of Raiders is too much. Raiders wins. CLOSE one. Raiders is as good as any movie of the decade

Changed my mind- BLADE RUNNER!! I just prefer the darker, grittier atmosphere BLADE Runner is the more adult film. Raiders has aged badly