Inception vs. Eyes Wide Shut

4 comments

6 comments

Two movies that challenge you intellectually and even spiritually. Eyes Wide Shut is a truly great work by an amazing filmmaker, but Inception just entertains more.

"Two movies that challenge you intellectually and even spiritually." Been hittin' that purple haze six drags at a time tonight?

Very funny @OneFuckTooMany, what I'm trying to imply is the power these two films share. I wouldn't mind some haze right about now though.

Pass that shit over... Eyes Wide Shut is smoking what I like.

Inception, like a boss.

Two movies that were released on July 16 in the United States. So far this is all I can contribute...

I'm back with more contributions. Kubrick and Nolan seem to have very different sensibilities as artists, and this match-up highlights that in curious ways: Inception is more cerebral, Eyes Wide Shut is more visceral; Inception journeys through a world of dreams, Eyes Wide Shut journeys through a world of nightmares; Inception captures the real in the surreal, Eyes Wide Shut captures the surreal in the real; Inception gives answers that clarify, Eyes Wide Shut gives answers that mystify; Inception sees the convivial in the sinister, Eyes Wide Shut sees the sinister in the convivial. Both are genius for different reasons, but this has to go in favor of Eyes Wide Shut...

I agree with Piccolo. Both are top 25 movies for me but Eyes Wide Shut is a masterful piece of filmmaking that is way too misunderstood!

Inception all day!!

I don't hate inception but Eyes Wide Shut is the better made film and the better film period.

I also agree with PiccoloKing. Eyes wide shut is probably the most underrated movie of all time.