Inception vs. The Shining

10 comments

21 comments

I was about to vote Inception but the more I think about it the more I realize how much of an asshole I am. Jack Nicholson. HELLO!? Wendy, Light of my Life. Kubrick. Yes, I'm an asshole. I'm so sorry Jack, Danny, Wendy, and Black Guy.

Shame on you :P The Shining 100 times.

Inception.

ummm interesting... but the shining its a clasic!

The Shining.

The Shining. Easily. Inception was a terrific movie too, but you just can't top Kubrick's classic

Shining wins

inception is overated as fuck, and i say that as a nolan fanatic.

The Shining. It's a greater mindfuck than Inception ever was.

Inception, because...I dunno.

The Shining easily

Inception is excellent entertainment but nothing near a masterpiece. The Shining certainly is a masterpiece.

tough one. but i go with the shining. both movies are long (>2 hours) but the shining covers more "rewatchability" ground

Both are very deep. One is more mental while the other is more spiritual. Inception has some awesome action scenes but The Shining was really good at giving me the creeps (lol). Hmm...I think I'll go with The Shining.

That was a joke post...in case anybody reads that and thinks I'm actually stupid.

Inception is better IMO.

And you were parodying who exactly, Tory? :V

Truthfully, no one in particular. More of a general observation/mockery, really.

Alright mayte.

Inception., fantastic 9/10. the shining, brilliant 10/10

I love The Shining but Inception wins. Not even close.

The Shining is an overall, more powerful experience.

THE SHINING!!

The Shining, not a huge Inception guy.

Love The Shining, but it doesn't beat Inception.

Inception is a better movie if you ask me and it is also more entertaining. Nolan beats Kubrick once again.

Gotta go with Inception on this one. So close though! I just enjoyed it more.

Gotta go with The Shining. But this will be forever a tough call.

Shining 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 times. And more

Two of the most ingenious psychological puzzles in film history. In one you have The Overlook, which is a psychic as well as physical maze, and in the other, the maze is the architecture of the human mind, brought to cinematic life through Nolan's labyrinthine screenplay. The layered narratives and ambiguous, open-ended conclusions ensure that the viewer finds no escape to closure, for every exit cunningly leads him back to the interior of the maze. I'll take the surreal and supernatural thrills of The Shining over the cerebral thrills of Inception, but either way you're choosing inspired cinema.

The Shining no doubt.

Inception is a fantastic movie, but yeah The Shining is a perfect film. Inception on a technical level is flawless, but the story has quite a few weakpoints and issues, or just things that don't live up to the extreme ambitions it's aiming for. That being said, it's still a 9/10. The Shining, on the other hand, is flawless in every sense of the word

The shining is just a perfect, one in a kind movie