Inglourious Basterds vs. Schindler's List

15 comments

13 comments

Two VERY different point of views on WW2. While I love the scenes with the jew hunter, the ending of Inglorious Basterds was kind of out of place (even if I understand why it was made). Schindler's List shows us that the germans were not all nazis and was overall a better movie.

JRM
JRM

I'm gonna have to go with Inglourious Basters. I could watch it over and over. Shindler's List is one of those movies I only watch once every few years. A little too long and a little too depressing to watch multiple times.

ear
ear

Schindler's List is the definition of cinematic masterpiece.

Love both of these, so it's going to be decided by which Nazi character I would rather watch: Ralph Fiennes as Amon Goeth vs. Christoph Waltz as Hans Landa. Landa and the Basterds take this one.

Inglourious wins this one.

Inglourious Basterds vs. Schindler's List: Same shit ( fuck you jews )

Uh, not sure what the deal is with the previous commenter, but I'll go with Inglourious Basterds in this matchup (though I think very highly of Schindler's List).

Schindler's portrays the Jews torture, Basterds portrays their revenge...

Schindler's List. No contest

Who's with me?

Fine, have it your way!

Well-not m--wha--

While I think Schindler's List may be the better film, Basterds is way more watchable.

Schindler's List no contest.

When it comes to the subject of World War II, I prefer mine served with a Tarantino twist.

:0

Inglourious Basterds for sure. Schindler's List is still great though.

I love both these movies.Inglourious Basterds may just be my favourite QT movie, but schindler's list is one of my all time favourite movie.Schindler's list gets the win here

I love both these movies.Inglourious Basterds may just be my favourite QT movie, but schindler's list is one of my all time favourite movie.Schindler's list gets the win here

Schindler's List is actually the most unique war movie in cinematic story. Inglorious Basterds is just your filled with cliché Tarantino movie.

Wait for the cream.

Schindler's List.

if i'm gonna watch a movie that exploits the holocaust shamelessly, i'd rather at least enjoy it

I'll take the List over Basterds...

Seems weird praising QT's work of fiction over a classic based on a true story. Schindler's List by a lot...

Inglourious Basterds is so much better

These are two of my favorite films ever, and while Inglourious Basterds was more enjoyable, I like Schindler's List by a slightly greater degree due to how powerful it is and how it was able to interest me throughout its longer runtime despite me being sensitive to violence and disturbing films.

One is an exaggerated work of fiction, the other is Tarantino's revenge fantasy.

Inglorious is hilarious and really well done, but Schindler's List by a sizeable distance

Schindler's List is far better, and it isn't close

On rewatch, I think the answer is pretty interesting. While I do give it to Schindler's List due to the stunning and brilliant cinematography, brilliant acting, engrossing and powerful story, etc., Inglorious Basterds is pretty interesting as well. It's one of the best political satires I've ever seen and one of the best of its decade. Featuring a fantastic and nuanced performance from Christoph Waltz and great performances from the rest of the cast, some pretty interesting yet subtle themes of power and the influence of cinema, etc. Overall, Schindler's List does win by a pretty big margin

Both great movies that could have been even greater. Schindler's List is a better spy movie, though Basterds has the best Nazi villain of all time. Holistically, Schindler's wins

How is Schindler's List losing this match-up? Schindler's List literally beats every single Tarantino movie.