Inglourious Basterds vs. Reservoir Dogs

27 comments

22 comments

Taratino's best. Basterds was just a tad better to me.

I hate to do it because I love Reservoir Dogs, but Inglourious Basterds is the tighter, more rewatchable movie.

Yeah, the more I think about it, the more it becomes clear that Basterds is my favorite Tarantino. It might be because I'm German, actually...

I agree with all of the previous comments, and that these are Tarantino's best.

Ooohhh... So tough decision... But I think I go with Basterds here... It was sublime.

Uh, wow. Going with Reservoir Dogs. Though IB is easily more rewatchable.

Basterds for me, hands down. I think it just might be QT's masterpiece ;)

Best!? Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill Vol. 1 are my favorites. Here I think I'll go with Basterds, cause there's a little more substance to the characters and it's cinematically prettier.

ear
ear

Basterds by a photo finish.

Fuck, this is a hard decision. I'll say Basterds, today.

Really, REALLY, tough decision. Gotta go with Reservoir Dogs, though. It's still the first thing I think of when I think Tarantino.

Both are incredible, two of Tarantino's best (but aren't they all, really?) But since this is so close I got simply on which I found more entertaining and which is more rewatchable and if I'm picking a movie to watch right now out of these two, I'm gonna go with Inglourious Basterds.

Reservoir Dogs is the better movie to me, but just by a hair.

I'll go with Bastards...and for me, it's not that close...

Reservoir Dogs.

Reservoir Dogs is Tarantino's best movie till date.

Reservoir dogs for now.

Basterds for me, but a case could be made for either.

Basterds was painfully slow.Of course Brad's bad acting didn't help its cause.Dogs wins it easy.

Reservoir Dogs. Tarantino's best.

#1 vs. #9

Both are great Tarantino films, but Basterds edges a little

I think Basterds is Tarantino's second best behind Pulp Fiction, so that wins.

Dogs had a tight story unlike Basterds which was all over the place. There's no beating the 90's Tarantino. Sorry IB. QT will never top the simplicity and brilliance of RD.

Reservoir Dogs for sure. The dialogue is one of the best I've ever seen in film history and the performances are awesome. Inglourious Basterds lacked cohesion in some areas and didn't hold up until the end, that being said Reservoir Dogs was airtight until it climaxed.

I could teeter totter between the two, but Basterds, probably because I've never seen anyone give history a middle finger and rewrite it the way they wanted to and get away with it.

Two of the greatest films of all time from my favorite director, Basterds has the slight edge.

#TeamReservoir.

Resevoir Dogs obviously

The Basterds is a more finely tuned experience compared to The Dogs and Fiction (which some consider to be the pinnacle of Tarantino's career).

I love all Tarantino movies I've seen yet (that includes Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, Kill Bill Vol 1 and 2, Django Unchained) but the only one I didn't like was Inglorious Basterds which lacked the brilliance that all other QT movies have to me. Reservoir Dogs is placed at 10 and is just amazing to watch. Perfect characters, amazing dialogue and just an amazingly executed story

Inglourious is glorious.

Wow, this is a matchup...

For now I'm gonna have to switch over to The Dogs.

IB was my first Tarantino movie. RD was my second. Both are amazing, but I think I prefer the simplicity of RD.

Reservoir Dogs

Basterds was a bit better for me as well, not by much though.

Tough choice,very tough. But I'm going with Basterds. It's so exhilarating,intense,fun, and entertaining. Reservoir Dogs is one of my favorites as well.

Both are probably Tarantino's two greatest films after Pulp Fiction (my opinion). Reservoir Dogs is superior.

Reservoir Dogs is my 2nd favorite Tarantino flick. Basterds is amazing though

Reservoir Dogs takes it

Interesting... early vs. late Tarantino... Inglorious Basterds shows his maturity as a director

Basterds has Hans Landa and Natzis.

I'm honestly now taking Inglourious Basterds. A perfect movie in almost every regard, and somehow Tarantino stretches the opening 20 minutes of suspense (the rat and hawk speech) into a 150 minute movie. It's thrilling from opening moment to last, without even the slightest exaggeration, as is Reservoir Dogs, but IB has a few more standout sequences for my taste.

Reservoir Dogs has more originality

Inglorious Basterds is Tarantino's second best

Dogs rules against Basterds.

Gots to go with Dogs! It's style and tight structure just has always stuck with me more.

Both are good. I can't really choose. But if I must, Inglorious Basterds it is, for the more complexity of the plot and better cinematography

Possibly my two favorite Tarantino movies, but I prefer Reservoir Dogs

Loved both, but Reservoir Dogs is definitely the better movie here