The Lost World: Jurassic Park vs. Jurassic Park III

6 comments

6 comments

These things get progressivly worse.

Surprised this hasn't been discussed more. In any case, The Lost World has Pete Postelthwaite, while JP3 has Tea Leoni. The Lost World wins.

I don't hate either, though I probably should. That being said I think The Lost World is clearly better.

I find myself defending The Lost World a lot. It's not perfect, but it's loads of fun, with plenty of suspenseful scenes and great special effects. Jurassic Park III on the other hand is an absolute mess. Outright terrible, featuring unlikeable characters, uninteresting action scenes, and lacking entirely in excitement, Jurassic Park III is almost unwatchable. The Lost World easily takes this win.

Dr. Grant returns = III is a better movie. Still close though. Neither is the original, that's for sure.

In all honesty, I don't really like the new characters of Jurassic Park III. The cast of The Lost World was perfect and that's why it's still an entertaining film.

I have changed my mind. Even though I liked the return of Dr. Grant in III, the Lost World was a little more enjoyable.

Until the finale action scene, The Lost World was a worthy sequel to the first. Whereas JP3 was a travesty from start to finish.

The Lost World is far better. Jurassic Park 3 is very awful and very unwatchable too.

Mad Hater already nailed my opinion right on the first comment. " These things get progressivly worse. " And yes my friend,they really do. JPIII was just absurdly bad.

I don't have the vile hatred for JPIII that a lot of people apparently have. "Unwatchable"? "A travesty"? "Absurdly bad"? I mean, it wasn't exactly GOOD, but to criticize it that heavily like it's the antichrist seems absurd to me. It's 84 minutes of entertaining but mostly forgettable fluff. That's it. There's nothing offensively bad about it. The Lost World is a bit more painful to sit through, mostly because it's so boring and because you care about none of the characters. Yeah, Jeff Goldblum this and Jeff Goldblum that, but his character wasn't even a tenth as memorable as in the first film. Sam Neill was a much better lead in III than Goldblum was in The Lost World. It's much smaller in scope, but at least it was somewhat entertaining and short. It had the wonder and excitement that The Lost World lacked. I rather have Joe Johnston trying but failing instead of Spielberg being bored.

Don't like either, but slightly prefer III in all honestly. The Lost World is one of Spielberg's worst. Total autopilot bore.

Lost World is a total mess. Jurassic Park III wins.

I've enjoyed JPIII and think it's a lot better. Lost World is a so-so film, contemporary King Kong. It starts interesting, but after John Hammond scene, it falls as a boring one. Jurassic Park III isn't boring. It's very exciting. Isn't a good flick by the way, but it is much better than The Lost World. Even though Johnston has a hell out of a fuck with that boy, Spinosaurus was tremendous villain, Pteranodon was cool, Ankylosaurus was a good add. Tyranosaurus Rex in San Diego isn't cool. Isn't inventive. Isn't a good add. Still without good ideas. Jeff Goldblum is underused, even he can't help that film. I love me some Ian Malcolm in that 1993 first one, but he's boring here. Sam Neill comeback was much better. Between Grant, Malcolm, and Setler, Grant deserved much more sympathy with me. Even though Jurassic Park III don't has John Hammond nor Malcolm, it still the winner nonetheless.

Give me The Lost World over JP3, any day.

I don't know what's worse; Lost World, Jurassic 3, Jurassic World or the pretentious title "Fallen Kingdom".

Both flims are bad, but JP3 is at least hilariously so

two sequels that were not up to the standard of the original film but I consider the second film to be the weakest of the Jurassic Park Saga So I'll tell you why it has boring characters the main character I don't understand the little black girl is annoying the villain is terrible but the things thatthey can at least save only the dinosaurs and the dinosaurs that make a mess in the city instead Jurassic Park 3 And I already know that all the people always say that it is the worst chapter But in my opinion this film for me is much better than The World lost Because all the things that don'tthey worked in that film here they really work because unlike the little black girl this child doesn't secretly go to that Mamba island to take a holiday and then gets lost the thing that really surprised me after the person who wasn't interesting at all is truly incrediblethat Alan Greg's character returns in this film which was really nice that he returned and then the complicated things are really much more complicated here But this does not mean that there isn't even one thing worse than the film which I will name one when the t-rex is killedvery immediately for me these two they are quite good but they are as good as the first one it was truly incredible Why in Jurassic World that these two films happen completely ignored as if they had never existed Well this happens when these type of films don't really dosuccess So the second is quite watchable the third underrated