The Dark Knight Rises vs. Return of the Jedi

9 comments

14 comments

Hmm, which film was the better finale to their respective sagas? I have a feeling my opinion of The Dark Knight Rises will improve after subsequent viewings but, as of right now, Lando Calrissian and Nien Nunb escaping the exploding Death Star by the skin of their teeth beats Batman's autopilot-aided getaway. Return of the Jedi wins.

The Dark Knight Rises. Never been a big fan of RotJ. TDKR ended the trilogy perfectly; heartwarming and epic at the same time. RotJ ended...with a teddybear picnic. Not the best way to end a saga.

Teddybear picnic thats the funniest thing ive seen on Flickchart i would barely take TDKR over Return of the Jedi.

I am Shocked that TDKR Won, Talia Al Gul was shitty and not developed, Catwoman was portrayed as more sex bomb than personality, and The only Real parts of TDKR that are good are Bale and Hardy, ROTJ is Star Wars, and Star Wars is best

As far as third installments are concerned, The Dark Knight Rises is easily superior to the 3rd film of the original Star Wars Trilogy.

TDKR ended the trilogy in spectacular fashion. Something ROTJ failed to do.

Return of the Jedi, no question. The ending to the greatest saga of all-time.

Rises

Easy....even the Ewoks are too much for Bane and company...

In my opinion the two best closes to a series right here. Both top 10, but Batman wins it.

Both thoroughly disappointing finales to great trilogies, Jedi wins. Not too much of a fan of both to be fair. May change when I re-watch ROTJ

Both disappointing, but TDKR was more so and I'm a much bigger fan of the Star Wars trilogy in general anyway.

The Dark Knight Rises. Amazing ends to their respective trilogies, but if were looking at the films individually... The Dark Knight Rises is more impressive film making.

I'm in agreement with SLions and Dave that both were disappointing ends to their respective trilogies. TDKR gets the win solely because I much prefer Batman, Nolan's Batman in particular, to Star Wars.

Return of the Jedi was definitely the better concluding chapter. Both epic ends to their respective trilogies though.

These two along with Return of the King make up the three greatest closing chapters to a trilogy. All three happen to be in my top 5 and all three are my favorites of their series. Having just rewatched the entire Star Wars Trilogy today I have to switch my vote over to the Jedi. Sorry Batman, but nostalgia got the best of you.

dark knight rises

It's really damn close, but I'm choosing Rises. The Jabba scene (meaning that ridiculous dance number in the special editions, aka the "real" editions after Lucas became obsessed with ruining his older films) and the Ewoks definitely hold Jedi back. But the ending is incredible. Rises still wins though.

There is a lot of dead air in Rises. Could have been better. While I don't love Jedi, it's still the more enjoyable watch.

RotJ is a perfect conclusion to the best trilogy ever made. TDKR is a lackluster conclusion to the most overrated trilogy ever made.

Star Wars owns.

They’re about even for me. ROTJ might win by a hair though.

same. TDKR win by a hair for me

The Dark knight Rises. Both are very good and are underrated. The success went to Lucas’s head though in Star Wars and incorporated some kid friendly content. Now is not the time for kid friendly content, that comes later.

Both are fantastic endings to a fantastic trilogy, while Star Wars trilogy as a whole is better than Dark Knight's, TDKR > ROTJ

ROTJ is infinitely better, TDKR is flawed and no value great as the first two previous films