Barry Lyndon vs. A Clockwork Orange

5 comments

6 comments

on 7/15/2011

No comments on this one? Why? Why? Well I'm going Barry Lyndon. The problem with A Clockwork Orange is that the ending doesn't quite work in my opinion. Whereas the ending to Barry Lyndon is one of my favourite. Both of the films have tons of amazing shots, imagery etc. etc though, so they're both in my top 20.

on 11/19/2011

Barry Lyndon is one of my least favorite Kubrick film, mostly because I never really got into the story. A Clockwork Orange is one of my favorite films, period. so it's pretty obvious what my choice is

Seb
Seb

on 11/29/2012

Right now, I'll go clockwork. I just saw Barry Lyndon, and was pretty impressed. I probably need a couple more viewings before I can determine where it stands in Kubrick's body of work.

on 1/30/2013

Personally, Barry Lyndon doesn't even feel like a Kubrick film to me, but that's a good thing. It's strange how weird it feels.

on 9/27/2013

Two of Stanley Kubrick's most famous works, but Barry Lyndon is the better picture. While Clockwork Orange is equal parts tremendous acting by Malcolm McDowell and intense images never seen before, Lyndon is the better story and the better writing.

on 1/23/2014

I personally like Barry Lyndon more. A Clockwork Orange is one hell of a film, but the masterful elegance and beauty of Barry Lyndon is my preference.

on 1/23/2014

These are Kubrick's only two films from the 70's. I think that A Clockwork Orange is a bit better.

on 5/26/2014

ACO

on 6/7/2015

Kubrick's most underrated film vs Kubrick's most overrated film. I'm going with Barry Lyndon.

on 6/7/2015

Barry Lyndon. ACO is shit.

on 9/6/2015

Clcokwork

on 10/25/2015

Peaceful and nice film that you want to look at vs disturbing and chaotic film which is hard to look at? Easy choice.