Spider-Man 3 vs. The Matrix Revolutions

5 comments

5 comments

So most people hated both of these films... so which is the better of the two? Which is the lesser of two evils? I think the utter disappointment of Peter Parker dancing, Venom sucking, and Sandman boring made Raimi's third act pretty terrible. While Revolutions didn't deliver a completely satisfying conclusion, it did have several nice set pieces and plenty of eye candy to go around. The Matrix's denouement gets my nod.

I'll go with Spider-Man here. They were both terrible, but I guess Spider-Man was more tolerable.

Awful choice.

They killed Venom. That's all I have to say.

Spider-Man 3 was ridiculous, but, unlike Matrix Rev it was pretension free. Spidey wins(barely)

The Matrix Revolutions got so convoluted and up its own ass that I just stopped caring about the story. Even the weak ending couldn't drag me out of my apathy. At least Spider-Man 3 didn't make me feel completely indifferent about what was happening.

Spidey 3 is a masterpiece compared to Revolutions. I really didn't like the direction in which the story was taken in Reloaded and Revolutions. Spider-Man 3 wasn't that bad actually; a thoroughly enjoyable mess. Emo Peter Parker dancing down the street with James Brown music in the background = Cinematic gold!

parade of garbage, almost impossible to decide for me

revolutions by far, it was a masterpiece compared to SM3

The Matrix Revolutions is one of the most underrated conclusions ever. It looks like The Matrix compared to Spider-Man 3.