Lawrence of Arabia vs. The Empire Strikes Back

9 comments

9 comments

Ugh. Two of my favorites, leaning toward Empire Strikes Back.

The Empire Strikes Back is one of the best sci-fi movies ever, but Lawrence is THE epic to beat in any genre. I have to give it the edge.

No question about this one for me. "Empire" is easily my favorite "Star Wars" movie, but it doesn't hold a candle to "Lawrence."

The global ranking for Lawrence is downright criminal. Take nothing from Empire, but it's outmatched here.

Lawrence, easily.

I don't get the appeal of Lawrence of Arabia. It was worth watching once, but it's too long, drags at many points, and time has not been kind to it. Whereas Empire Strikes Back is the best installment of the Star Wars Saga. It's a compelling tale from start to finish with action, romance, humor, and beauty. Lawrence of Arabia may be the choice for artsy hipsters that look down their nose as sheer bubble gum entertainment, but Empire Strikes Back is fun. I'll take fun over prestigious any day.

A Herculean effort is required just to get all the way through Lawrence of Arabia. To makes matters worse, the final hour of the nearly four-hour long movie is easily the least interesting. The Empire Strikes Back has a better story that is told in roughly half the time. For that, it wins by a wide margin.

Empire is my #1 on flickchart........Lawrence of Arabia is not even on my list. For that I give the win to Empire.

^Contradicting yourself there, ey?

What do you me, I am contradicting myself.

"Lawrence of Arabia is not even on my list". Yet it is?

Empire Strikes back was more entertaining than Lawrence Of Arabia...so it gets the win

Empire. Give me Luke and Vader's lightsaber battle over Lawrence's desert combat.

Lawrence of Arabia is better. Empire is great as well but Lawrence is one of the movies you can claim as the best movie ever made that I won't slap you for. Empire isn't on that list.

Empire would've blow and destroy Lawrence's desert combat.

ear
ear

The Empire Strikes back is a Science Fiction Epic that stands head and shoulders with Lawrence of Arabia. Empire for the win.

Two of the best examples of filmmaking ever! Lawrence is a classic but I will still go with my heart and pick Empire!

Lawrence is infinite times better than empire

Empire is just a childish film

Empire Strikes Back is a good movie and all, but Lawrence of Arabia is a top tier movie.

I hate Empire Strikes Back