Lawrence of Arabia vs. The Godfather

7 comments

10 comments

Vey close matchup

"Godfather" is the sexier choice, but for my money, there has never been a better film than "Lawrence of Arabia." It is the pinnacle of movie-making in every respect.

I'm aware that Laurence of Arabia is a film you can truly experience ONLY on the big screen and, yes, the framing of each shot is impeccable, but the cinematography didn't dazzle me the way The Godfather's did. It's good, but not that good. Peter O'Toole's acting is something to behold, though. He's the only reason the film didn't feel as long as it was.

I can watch The Godfather anytime, Lawrence is a bit harder to do so with.

Possibly two of the greatest films ever made. The Godfather wins as very little can beat it in my book.

I don't consider Lawrence of Arabia to be all that great, so this is an easy win for The Godfather.

The Godfather wins handily.

Godfather is my type of film I respect Arabia but I go back to Godfather more I watch and Quota it like crazy its the more fun experience Love The Godfather.

Hmmm, Lawrence is my 3rd type of film, and Godfather 1st left behind to the 2nd in my personal preference

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The Godfather, as good as it may be, does not transcend the crime genre. Lawrence of Arabia transcends pretty much everything.

I'll go for LoA.

The Godfather....quite easily for me

The Godfather, for how nonchalantly it transitions Michael Corleone into the head of his father's criminal empire. Performances are more crisp all around and its story has a little more punch than Lawrence of Arabia.

Lawrence of Arabia is definitely a better film. I get that everyone loves The Godfather and all, but Lawrence of Arabia is a simply perfect movie. Honestly, so many people say The Godfather is the best because everybody else says that. Don't get me wrong, they are both masterpieces and both belong in the top five films of all time, but Lawrence is honestly an unbeatable epic, and stands above The Godfather.

both are incredible, but i only love one of them

Godfather craps all over Lawrence of Arabia to be honest.

The Godfather tbh. Lawrence of Arabia is a brilliant film deserving of all the awards and praise it recieved. It has some of the best cinematography of all time, an epic story, brilliant acting, an amazing soundtrack, and brings about plenty of emotions with it. Unfortunately, The Godfather is simply better. The screenplay is better and it balances its wide range of emotions better, the characters are more well developed, complex, and iconic, the themes are better implemented, the story is better structured, the lighting is better (and arguably the editing as well), and the film has better performances overall (Brando and Pacino are better than even O'Toole imo). But that takes nothing away from LoA. The themes of Identity that it uses resonated a lot with me, and Peter O'Toole's performance is one of the greatest in history. But The Godfather is a perfect movie and possibly the best movie of all time.