Nosferatu vs. Bram Stoker's Dracula

5 comments

3 comments

Nosferatu is my favorite Dracula movie. Coppola's version pretty flawed - mostly due to the tacked on love story - but I still enjoy it.

Bram stokers Dracula is amazing the make up the story and direction all are great but the acting was flawed by Reeves and Ryder they were bad-Nosferatu was the first great Horror movie and the scariest Dracula film its not romantic like the Lugosi version but its one of the best.

Nosferatu crushes Dracula....

I wasn't much of a fan of Nosferatu. Dracula wins.

Nosferatu was pretty boring IMO. This isn't so much a vote for Dracula as it is again Nosferatu

Bram Stoker's Dracula is basically the equivalent of making of a Bollywood horror film of Dracula and take all of the music out of it. It's camp to an extreme, and quite possibly the least subtle adaptation of Dracula ever made. It's not scary, it's overly goofy. Nosferatu is much better.

i kind of love dracula's silliness, but i'd take nosferatu pretty easily

Nosferatu actually really kept me entertained and that's saying a lot because I'm not a silent movie guy. Not only I found it to be entertaining as it's also truly masterfully made. Schreck rocks! As for Coppola's Dracula... it's shit if I'm being honest. Boring crapfest with a handful of good actors; although a few of those were acting very bad at the time. Keanu Reeves, for instance, was terrible. Also, beautiful imagery doesn't compensate for shallowness in the plot and in the movie's overall development.

ear
ear

Dracula wins this.