Boyhood vs. The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King

6 comments

11 comments

Both felt like two wonderful adventures - of course Boyhood was a better one since this is the third installment of lord of the rings

Boyhood all the way

Boyhood easily

but......

Return of the King for sure. One of the most successful films of all time.

LOTR by a mile. I mean Boyhood was great but it's nothing compared to ROTK

Dang. I genuinely have no idea what to pick. It's one masterpiece against another, oof.

Return of the King is my favorite film of all time and after Boyhood it still is my favorite movie.

Boyhood was great, but the Lord of the Rings films were the perfect mix of Epic and Blockbuster.

Jackson and his Middle Earth cronies are the true victors here.

Of course Boyhood is better. While LOTR is a great movie, no film has the sweet humanity of Boyhood.

Easy win for ROTK...

The Tolkien books ruled my boyhood but Boyhood is one film to rule all of Jackson's Rings put together--and Jackson did do a masterful job.

Boyhood felt much more personal but as a film Return of the King is better.

Wtf? The most overrated film of 2014 vs the best LOTR? Fuck Boyhood, piece of shit.

Boyhood was overlong, and bloated. I barely watched cared after the first 100 minutes. Return is still a really good movie.

Two of my favorite movies of all time, both in my top 5 at the moment. Boyhood I connect to very personally, and it's a beautiful movie and lays life out for you. Lord of the Rings: Return of the King means more to me though, as it was the first movie that was really special to me. In terms of filmmaking, both are really good, but Return of the King takes it to another level. My pick is ROTK, but Boyhood is #1 on my flick chart last I checked, and my flick chart is really messed up and I'm too lazy to fix it right now so I don't know which side I will show up on.

It's an intimate epic against an epic epic. I can understand how someone can choose both, for me it's ROTK because when i was a child it completely blew my socks off.