The Empire Strikes Back vs. Forrest Gump

7 comments

5 comments

Has no one discussed this before!?

It's really weird that no one has actually created this matchup until just a few hours ago. The Empire Strikes Back wins with its hands tied behind its back. The story, set pieces, cinematography, and pure action is so perfectly executed that it is a prime candidate for the coveted 'best film of all time' distinction. Forrest Gump suffers from a severe case of over sentimentalism, which most definitely drags the movie down for most of its run time. It still retains some entertainment, but it is nowhere near the league of The Empire Strikes Back.

I LOVE Forrest Gump. It's easily one of my all time favorites. That being said, Empire is my all time favorite.

There are literally only 3-5 movies I would pick over Empire. Forrest just happens to be one of 'em...

There are literally only 3-5 movies I would pick over Empire. Forrest just happens to be one of 'em...

Forrest Gump is a great film but I've got to go with Empire.

Man, someplace in me hate to say this since forest used to be my all time favorite, but I'll give it to empire. Forest first half is not just that powerful at the rest of the movie

Forrest Gump is incredible. I love the hell out of it. But it gets squashed by Empire here, especially after my latest viewing. Empire is damn close to perfect for me.

Forrest gump beats every star wars movie

Every Star Wars film beats Forrest Gump.

Empire all the way.

Forrest Gump beats Empire Strikes Back

Forrest Gump beats each and every star wars movie