The Empire Strikes Back vs. The Dark Knight Rises

17 comments

5 comments

Empire by a mile

Damn if it wasnt for Banes annoying voice Rises would have had a chance Empire wins!

The Empire Strikes Back all the way.

Empire by drubbing...

Empire. Bane reminded me multiple times of Darth Vader in TDKR. For example the scene where the Bat takes off and Bane approaches it very casually; it almost mirrors the scene in Empire where Darth Vader approaches the Milennium Falcon on Hoth.

Rises had one moment that had my emotions revving more than anything in Empire.

The Empire Strikes back is probably better, though I enjoyed TDKR more.

Empire wins this one rather easily for me.

Rise.

Empire by a huge mile.

Empire all the way.

Dark knight rises. Only just edges out empire strikes back.

Both top 10, Rises gets the nod.

Empire murders Batman. Rises is far too full of issues to ignore. I still enjoy it but this is an absolute no brainer

No, Empire does not murder Batman, it beheads batman :)

@empirosaur---Love ya username, yeah poor Batman gets beheaded. TDKR has plenty of rewatchability in it but it is also at the same time, full of issues something which the previous two Batman installments lack. The plot twist at the end of TDKR messes up the otherwise, great film (even with all its little issues) ESB on the other hand, has a plot twist that makes the film a x1,000,000 better

Empire

Great matchup! Can't hardly go wrong with either. TDKR for me.

Empire over TDKR anyday

Does Square Master know that Rises is far from perfect? Which scene are you referring to here? The one where his prison buddy cracks his broken back for him, or was it 45 minutes later when he escaped the prison, threw the rope down so the other criminals can climb out and he walked back to Gotham. In time to fight Bane, and after all that he didn't even take him down. Rant over. I forget what the other movie is.

The dark knight rises over every star wars movie till date

Every Star Wars movie over TDK till date.

Star Wars no contest.

Best Star Wars film vs worst batman film, episode V all the way...

ear
ear

Let's go back to Empire by a mile. The first post nailed it.

I actually think Return of the Jedi is the best of the trilogy, and I would take each installment of Nolan's trilogy over Jedi.