The Empire Strikes Back vs. The Lion King

23 comments

11 comments

JRM
JRM

May change my mind later, but for now it's Empire.

Empire for sure!

the Lion Ling is great, but come on, It's Empire by a mile.

I'll be the voice of dissension. Lion King all the way.

I'll join the voice of dissension! LION KING!!

I love both of these. "Empire" is the reason I'm a "Star Wars" fan. "The Lion King" is hands down my favorite traditional Disney feature. I could go either way depending on my mood. This time, Simba > Luke.

I probably would go with empire

this is a tough question, but for me the stunning animation, the great musical score, the fun and catchy songs, and the epic scale of the Lion King gives it the win

Dissension all the way. LK!

lion king all the way!!!!!!!

The empire wins

Empire. Lion king has far too many character flaws and a bad last 15 minutes.

Empire abuses Simba...

I prefer the awesome animated film.

Lion King only because there are two movies i take over the Lion King and this isnt it.

EMPIRE!!! sorry child hood. btw im only 15

It's close, but Empire wins.

I think I've decided: The one where James Earl Jones plays the father.

The Empire Strikes Back

Empire, by far and Lion King is still a top 20 film. ESB is at #2 but its basically my favorite film of all time :D

I'm going with the sci-fi classic.

Hate making this choice, but I will side with Lion King by a whisker.

Empire for sure, The Lion King is at #123 on my list and Empire is at #1. Can't top that Lion King.

Both amazing films and very different. Empire Strikes Back is the definitive sci-fi adventure film whilst Lion King is a very poignant film. I grew up with both films on VHS but I feel that, today, I prefer Lion King as it is a lot deeper than Empire.

Darth Vader beats Mufasa here.

Both childhood movies for me, but The Empire Strikes Back gave me much more than Lion King.

I wish I liked animated films more than I do, because The Lion King probably deserves to be ranked higher than I currently have it. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the film...but I can't quite connect with it the way many others can, for whatever reason. The Empire Strikes Back is one of my all-time favorite flicks, so there's only one way for me to go here.

Double James Earl Jones power!!!! Awesome!! Switching to Lion King

TESB by a mile

I'll go empire

Empire by far

Lion King is an all time great animated film but still, a bunch of wild animals singing easily loses to the epicness that is star wars.

I will stick up for the Lion King for most matchups, but this is one I can't

The Lion King is the triumphant Disney film over evil in The Empire Strikes Back.

The Empire Strikes Back is my favorite movie ever and The Lion King is my favorite animated movie so Empire.

The Lion King is one of my favourite animated films but Empire still stands as my favourite film of all time!

Empire over the lion king.

Return of the Jedi wins, but The Lion King beats Empire Strikes Back