Argo vs. Lincoln

6 comments

2 comments

The two best pictures of 2012. Both are based on remarkable true stories. Ultimately, the overall production of Argo was slightly more impressive than Lincoln. Daniel Day-Lewis deservedly won Best Lead Actor for the third time but as an overall picture, Argo does stand taller

I might like Argo more after another viewing, but I was underwhelmed when I first saw it (my expectations were probably too high). In contrast, I was pleasantly surprised by Lincoln. It wins here.

Lincoln certainly has many, many strengths (Day-Lewis's acting, Spielberg's directing), but I do think that Argo is the better film. Argo may not be as difficult as Lincoln, but it's certainly more well done.

Lincoln, the true Best Picture winner

'Argo' is without a shred of doubt, the far and away better picture. 'Lincoln' is better acted, sure, but it's also blandly directed with a surprisingly weak script from the usual great Tony Kushner, with an ending so unbearably idiotic it made may head spin.

Argo really is the better and more enjoyable film. Oscar got one right for a change.

Both great films from two incredible directors, but the choice has to go to Argo, it achieved more than what Lincoln did.

I think I should wach Lincoln again. I'm choosing Argo.

Lincoln was the film I was going for to win Best Picture but I didn't expect Argo to win which is My Favorite Movie of 2012.

Difficult, but Lincoln is higher on my list, and should have won Best Picture. Lincoln triumphs here

Filmguy450, what's idiotic about the ending? That's actually how it happened. If you think history and the passing of the 13th amendment is idiotic, that's your business, but don't take it out on the movie