Monty Python and the Holy Grail vs. Airplane!

13 comments

5 comments

Oh wow... two of the funniest movies ever!

Each has memorable quotes. However, the quotes of each are memorable for vastly different reasons. The Holy Grail is eminently quotable and its quotes never lose their humor or luster. On the other hand, the quotes that Airplane is famous for never had humor or luster to lose, as far as I'm concerned.

This is probably the hardest choice I've had to make on this site. Two of the greatest comedies of all time, both endlessly quatable, both never get old. I guess that if I held them both in my hands and could only watch one, I would pick Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Ni!

love them both however i think Monty Python wins but its been awhile since i have seen airplaine

despite the nostalgic attachment my friends and i have to the holy grail, i think airplane is just a tiny bit more brilliant.

Classics. Monty Python.

Monty Python by far.

Whoa, I didn't anticipate this matchup being so one sided. Monty Python and the Holy Grail is funny for a while, but its second half is really pretty lame. Airplane!, at least, is moderately funny from beginning to end. For that reason, it's a winner here.

Familiarity breeds contempt, etc. With enough exposure the dialogue becomes a litany of horrible nerd mantras, and some of the more absurd bits reveal Monty Python as the possible progenitor of lolrandom wacky-ninja-pirate internet humor. I haven't seen Airplane nearly as much, so I'd watch that one first these days.

The Grail is simply epic....but it just isn't Airplane!

Easy, Monty Python.

Monty Python worked better for me.

Monty Python, easily.

The one with actual good jokes.

Airplane! is the winner for me.

Airplane! is easily the funniest movie of all time

Two of the greatest comedies of all time. Both ridiculous, quotable and utterly hilarious. I however have to give the slight edge to Airplane! simply because as good as Holy Grail is, I think Monty Python did it better in Life of Brian. Its close, but second best just can't beat THE best.

Airplane isn't nearly as funny as Holy Grail.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

While Airplane was very funny in my opinion and yes, it entertained me, I still felt like something was off, lacking. Monty Python is pretty much same structure and it never felt like off or lacking, rather like genius. Also, it's funnier, so I think it counts for something here.