Monty Python and the Holy Grail vs. Spaceballs

5 comments

3 comments

OMG - it is so unfair to pair these two off the first time either appears on my Flickchart.

Gah, they're both so good. I'll have to go with Monty Python though, simply out of allegiance to English comedy.

I didn't like Spaceballs... I like Mel Brooks and Star Wars and Star Wars parodies, but I didn't like Spaceballs.

To me, Spaceballs was more consistently funny. Is it because I have more of an affection for the source material being spoofed? I dunno, but with The Holy Grail, half the time I was laughing, and half the time I was shaking my head at the screen thinking, "What the hell IS this?" Spaceballs at least had me chuckling all the way through...though come to think of it, nothing in Spaceballs may have been as funny as John Cleese's French Taunter. "Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries!"

really tough match...although i have to go with spaceballs. it parodies my first true love (star wars)

One is funny. The other is not.

I really like Spaceballs, but Monty Python is clearly the winner here.

Neither are especially funny, but watching the Star Wars franchise get the parody treatment is at least somewhat entertaining. Yogurt wins.

Couldn't be easier!