X2 vs. Batman Begins

14 comments

14 comments

JRM
JRM

Among my favorite super hero movies. Giving my vote to 'Begins.

I found X-2 to be very lackluster. Batman Begins is much better in my book.

There was a time when X2 was my favorite comic book movie. It's since been surpassed by both Nolan Batman movies, and possibly Iron Man and Spider-Man 2. This particular matchup is no contest for me, much as I enjoy X2.

X2 is, IMO, Marvel's finest attempt to bring comic books to the big screen (far more than the vastly overrated Marvel Studio productions and Raimi Spiderman films). However, it falls just slightly short of Batman Begins due to the nonsensical sacrifice of the 'Mary Sued' Jean Grey.

I love X2, but I felt like the threat (instant death to all of either mutants or humans) was introduced too late, and the third act dragged on too long. The stuff between the characters was great, as was the dynamic introduction of Nightcrawler, whom I've missed in subsequent films in the series. Batman Begins edges this one out, but just barely.

Well I'm going with X2

X2 is the best of the X-Men series while BB is the weakest of Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy. X2 for me.

The first X-Men would win but BB wins.

The answer is X2. Better in every way.

X2 for me i dont like batman begins it is one of the nolan's weakest IMO

X2 for me i dont like batman begins it is one of the nolan's weakest IMO

Batman Begins. Easily the best superhero origin film and second only to its immediate sequel for best film of the genre.

To be clear: TDK > TDKR > X2 > X-Men > BB

Batman Begins, X2 is mostly overrated rarely the weaker film ever.

Batman Begins, X2 is mostly overrated rarely the weaker film ever.

Batman Begins but it's close.

X2 destroys anything Nolan ever tried in all honesty.

The Dark Knight >/= Logan > Begins/Rises > any other x-men films

DOFP, X2, The Wolverine, First Class, Logan ALL destroy Batman Begins. You could argue X-Men 1 and even Dark Phoenix are better.

BB is much better, the guy above me is a delusional sock of Yellowjacket probably and a stupid fanboy. You have to be completely retarded and biased to believe that Dark Phoenix, The Wolverine or First Class are better, dumbass one-sided marvel fan

no way is x-men 1, dark phoenix, the wolverine anywhere NEAR begins or even rises

Batman Begins is the only great film that trusted to be among the best of Nolan’s collection of all.

X2 is truly classic. Batman Begins is dumbed down on a curve inferior film making.

both of them are classics and both of them have some dumb moments too

Batman Begins is better than any X-Men movie

both are good but i like x2 more

Batman begins is by pure good maximum rather than anything of the second x-men movie

The best of X-Men destroys anything Nolan has ever done.

Batman Begins destroys X2, and I love X2.

Batman Begins. I really don't think Nolan's three Batman movies will be topped by any Marvel movies

Batman Begins is easily the best superhero movie ever