Die Hard With a Vengeance vs. The Lion King

2 comments

10 comments

I own and love both. As a hardcore Disney fan I should vote for the Lion King and the third Die Hard wasn't really the best of the three that I've seen.

I own and love both. As a hardcore Disney fan I should vote for the Lion King and the third Die Hard wasn't really the best of the three that I've seen.

Lion King is a masterpiece in its type. The music, the story and the animation still remains unbeaten in my opinion. I like Die Hard movies, they are fun but non trascendent

This has to go to The Lion King; Die Hard movies are fun, but in terms of greatness, have little defense against movies such as The Lion King.

Too easy. Lion King all the way.

The Lion King is the best Disney movie ever made, and that is saying a lot.

I guess I am too big a fan of things that go boom, well that my fondness for films filled with my favorite 4 letter word.

I have to give it to the Lion King. Die Hard with a Vengeance was arguably the weakest of the Die Hard films.

The Lion King is a masterpiece. Die Hard with a Vengeance has that great bank heist that i can watch over and over.

Die Hard movies are non-transcendent? Unacceptable! The first one essentially created the big budget action hero movie. Before Die Hard came out, people thought it was going to bomb. An R rated movie being released at christmas, who would see that? Lots of people. Die Hard really changed the game and essentially created a genre. The Lion King is a fine example of a continuance in a genre. BUT this is not Lion King versus Die Hard, this is Lion King versus Die Hard 3. Die Hard 3 is really awesome, but if we look at both films as genre continuations, I'd say it's about as close to a tie as possible. They really are both fantastic. I'm going with Lion King and I'm not going to worry about explaining why.

While both movies are very good, I'm going to give it to The Lion King. Vengeance has two very strong first acts, but starts to lose itself in the third.

Either way you slice it, Jeremy Irons is a great villain.

It's the circle of life motherfucker.

The Lion King is the better film. I just finished watching Die Hard 3, and I found it better than Die Hard 2, just short of being as good as the original. Anyway, no Die Hard (I haven't seen the fourth one but I don't expect it to change this) beats The Lion King.

ear
ear

The Lion King reigns supreme.

JRM
JRM

Ear took the words out of my mouth.