Zodiac vs. Tropic Thunder

5 comments

1 comments

Two great Robert Downey Jr. roles. Tropic Thunder is entertaining enough put nothing special. Zodiac on the other hand is, in every way, a fantastic film.

ear
ear

Zodiac is that good!

I think Robert Downey was better in Tropic Thunder, but I think Zodiac is a better movie. The first time I saw Zodiac I had mixed feelings about it, but after a second viewing I realized how much more there was to it than I first realized. Tropic Thunder is often really funny, but it's nowhere near as fascinating or capable of creating a powerful atmosphere like Zodiac does. With Zodiac, I almost felt as caught up in solving the mystery as the characters were (even though I already knew the outcome).

Thanks for that comment, kingofpain. I gotta say, I wasn't too fussy about Zodiac, but I've only seen it once; maybe I should check it out again. There were certainly elements of it that I loved, but overall, it felt too long, and I got bored with it. I certainly can't say that Tropic Thunder bored me; I thought that movie was funny as hell.

Zodiac.

Zodiac, for sure. Tropic Thunder is a good movie nevertheless.