Mulholland Dr. vs. Eraserhead

12 comments

2 comments

on 4/11/2011

Hmmmm. Should I vote for weird boring or mindfuck fun?

on 6/10/2011

Mulholland Drive is the winner, because this took me 16 views ti understand it. I don't think anyone understands Eraserhead.

on 7/1/2011

Oh no, they do. They do. Or so they say. I just choose to look at it as a movie about a guy who fears growing up and starting a family. I just call it a day and give up after that. Cleckley's spot-on about MD being mindfuck fun, though. I like to dissect a movie as much as the next guy, but I watch Lynch movies mostly for the same reasons I watch The Adventures of Pete & Pete - mindfuck fun.

on 9/11/2011

I actually prefer Eraserhead, but I think the movies are both excellent.

on 6/13/2015

Both films are very hard to follow. Mulholland Dr... less so. That's not the reason I'm siding with it though, but after a couple of viewings I've come to enjoy the film. It's probably my favourite Lynchian flick to date.

on 3/4/2016

Hard to choose, but I go with Mulholland drive because is the greatest film ever made

on 6/19/2016

Both masterpieces I respect tremendously. Eraserhead fills me with such dread that I rarely desire to revisit it, so I'll rate Mulholland Dr. higher—even if I should do the opposite for the same reason.

on 6/19/2016

Mulholland Drive actually started out pretty good, but really lost me in the last 40 minutes. Eraserhead didn't work for at all though, so I'm definitely going with Mulholland Drive.

on 7/24/2016

Mulholland Dr because it was way less creepy and disturbing.

on 10/13/2016

Love both But I really Enjoy Mulholland Dr. more I can relate to it and its more Coherent as well.

on 11/8/2017

both excellent, but i prefer mulholland dr.

ear
ear

on 3/11/2018

Mulholland Drive is the easy choice here.

on 5/29/2018

Both of these are in the upper echelon of movies that I hate. Mullholand drive actually had some kind of story, so I’ll begrudgingly pick it.

on 5/30/2018

Big David Lynch fan and I love both these but it's quite comfortably "Mulholland Dr" that gets the vote for me. It has a number of my favourite scenes put to film: Winkie's Diner, the audition and Club Silencio to name the most obvious and every subsequent viewing I get lost in its world.

on 5/30/2018

David Lynch is my favourite director and Mulholland Dr is his masterpiece.