Death Proof vs. Reservoir Dogs

0 comments

4 comments

Death Proof is the only Quentin Tarantino film that I truly dislike. It's just a total misfire. While I don't enjoy Reservoir Dogs quite as much as some other of Tarantino's work, it's an easy winner here.

I didn't like Death Proof much either, but I think Tarantino had _the right idea_. Instead of just fetishizing film grain but missing the spirit of those films entirely (Machete anyone?), he captured the vibe and tried to take it somewhere unique. Anyway, his best movie is obviously better.

Death Proof is a fantastic film, and always in my top 100. It seems unjust that it always falls at the bottom of any all-Tarantino list for me. In this match-up, I think Death Proof has more likeable characters, better scenery, just as good a soundtrack, and definitely the better action sequences. It even has a "sitting around a coffee house" scene on par with Reservoir Dogs' opening bit. In the end, Reservoir Dogs is just a tighter story, driven by one group of characters instead of two. It gets my pick.

Reservoir Dogs wins, but not by much. Death Proof is highly underrated.

Reservoir Dogs is Tarantino's best work to date.

Reservoir Dogs is why I love movies and Quentin style is the kind of films Im into.