Wonder Woman vs. Captain America: The First Avenger

12 comments

10 comments

Rac
Rac

Cap did the "war times superhero" thing better.

Wonder woman did the "war times" superhero AND the "fish out of water" story better than Cap or Thor.

Funny how Wonder Woman almost a complete copy of Captain America: The First Avenger (with Thor stuff added in) and yet all the DC fans bad mouthed that movie. Now, it's "the greatest thing ever made" LOL! You can't love Wonder Woman but dislike First Avenger and be honest. (I liked them BOTH)

Big Dave, Wonder Woman did what First Avenger and Thor did, but it did it BETTER! Also, I never thought I would say it, but Gal Gadot out acted Chris Evans (in the First Avenger)! Gal Gadot was, fun, charismatic powerful, while Chris Evans hadn't mastered his performance as Steve Rodgers yet and comes off as kinda boring in the movie. Wonder Woman is the better movie on many levels.

First Avenger beats Wonder Woman by delivering less logic flaws in the story, a WAY better cast and performances and simply a better overall story arc. Both are good but Cap is way better.

Wonder Woman is less uneven.

This match had to happen. I'll take Cap because it was the original. Are both hero couples together THE hottest man/woman teams in the history of cinema? They make normal humans feel like puke about our bodies.

I will agree with nightwin6 on Gadot vs. Evans in The First Avenger. However, that's as far as I go with thinking WW is the better film. I certainly don't mean to badmouth it; it's GOOD, and it beats several MCU movies. But it's not First Avenger good.

Two solid entries from their own respective franchises, but I think WW did it a little better.

This is a really tough comparison thanks to the competing franchises and plenty of similarities between the two origins. While I think the characters in WW are definitely superior, Captain America: The First Avenger feels far more consistent (and consistently entertaining). So its hard, because while WW has higher peaks, it also has lower troughs (particularly the ending). So in the end I think I have to give Captain America the edge due to its consistency and less perceivable flaws. That, and I also think WW is a tad overrated simply due to it being the first good DCEU movie.

A great comparison of films because they have a ton in common, not just in their stories. I personally have a soft spot for Captain America, so it gets the higher spot, but Wonder Woman was really good too.

Still gotta go with Cap...

Yes, WW copies Cap and Cap just does it better. First Avenger is the better movie.

Captain America.

wonder woman is way better

Wonder woman beats the first avenger into a pulp

wonder woman is good movie with a bad 3rd act, TFA is a meh movie with a bad second half

wonder woman is good movie with a bad 3rd act, TFA is a meh movie with a bad second half

wonder woman definitely

Honestly I think they are both overrated origin stories. Wonder Woman wins overall but it really isn’t that good.

Wonder Woman easily, it did everything Captain America did but better, much better

for me Captain America the first avenger wins Because the villains of Wonder Woman are not very good especially Ales And thank goodness The Red Skull was very successful