12 Monkeys vs. All About Eve

1 comments

3 comments

Wow. All About Eve is the better movie, but 12 Monkeys connects with me a little more.

Just 'cause it's more "classic" doesn't necessarily make it a better film. All About Eve is a great movie that suffers slightly from an overindulgence of sassy, wannabe smartass dialogue that isn't anywhere near as witty as it thinks it is. 12 Monkeys, on top of having less cringey dialogue, is also much a smarter, more layered film that only gets better on multiple viewings, as it takes more than one sitting to see just how thoughtful, intricate, and intelligent the story/themes really are.

I love both of these movies a lot, 12 Monkeys for how quick-paced it is and mind-bending its plot is (and those last 30 minutes made me feel super tense), and All About Eve has some really sharp dialogues that critique the behind-the-scenes of theater about as well as Sunset Boulevard did for Hollywood. I think I'm more likely to revisit All About Eve more, but again, both of these movies rock!

I love both of these movies a lot, 12 Monkeys for how quick-paced it is and mind-bending its plot is (and those last 30 minutes made me feel super tense), and All About Eve has some really sharp dialogues that critique the behind-the-scenes of theater about as well as Sunset Boulevard did for Hollywood. I think I'm more likely to revisit All About Eve more, but again, both of these movies rock!