Avatar vs. 2001: A Space Odyssey

5 comments

12 comments

2001 by a long shot

It's like a debate between Marilyn Vos Savant and Jessic Simpson. Of course I'd rather bang the latter but since one can't bang a movie...

I also liked Avatar better. 2001: A Space Odyssey is one of those "great" films that I know I'm supposed to like...yet don't.

Yeeah, Avatar. Same thoughts as Caesar.

Avatar is a very shallow film if it wasnt for the visuals that took ten years to put together... 2001 wins!

2001 for sure. Much more monumental.

People who pick Avatar must be retarded, this is like comparing the speed of a lamborghini to a station wagon! 2001 is miles and miles ahead!!

Picking Avatar is really more a middle finger to 2001 than... well, picking Avatar. That says something.

Avatar. 2001 had some interesting ideas that I appreciate, but it took forever to get going.

You guys can't be serious with picking Avatar over 2001. Flickchart??? What's going on here?

2001 by miles

"2001: A Space Odyssey" - Unquestionably!

No, 2001 wins in a landslide.

As much as I adore Avatar, it just doesn't stand a chance here!

rip-of VS landmark sci/fi . 2001 is one of the greatest films ever made. it was the film that set the standard not just for sci / fi but also for movies

My lord people are actually picking Avatar of the masterpiece i.e. 2001.

Sure, Avatar has some amazing visuals. But, come on, this is 2001 we're talking about.

2001 is a masterpiece, avatar is garbage

2001 is much better

Both are overrated, but Avatar was average at best. 2001 was nothing.