Gladiator vs. The Thin Red Line

2 comments

1 comments

Definetily The Thin red line over Gladiator which is a formulatic, overrated, basic, typical, quite cliche, too theatrical to me and characters quite typical black and white good and evil. Of course it has good battle scenes, good use of computer technic and Russel Crowe is good in it. The Thin red line is a cinematic, beautiful and philosophical masterpiece

The philosophical musings found in The Thin Red Line are no less trite than anything in Gladiator. Perhaps I'm being too much of a cynic, but I find the "deepness" of the film to be rather counterfeit. Gladiator may be formulaic, but at least I could connect to the story and its main character. For that, it wins here easily.

Definitely 'Gladiator'. Sadly 'The Thin Red Line' really dragged on for me. It didn't end soon enough.

Just saw both for the first time! Gladiator was entertaining but not much more. The Thin Red Line is beautiful, meditative, poetic masterpiece contemplating the very nature of love and hate, one that I think I will need to watch at least a few more times. It gets my vote.