Gladiator vs. Titanic

11 comments

6 comments

two Best Picture winners I think are ok. Ummm Titanic!

A couple of historical epics that throw pure fiction into the mix. Titanic is just a shallow, cliched love story with flashy effects. Gladiator at least has abundant violence. I don't care for either, really.

JRM
JRM

I really liked both when I saw them. I still think they're fantastic, but they're slowly going down on my list. I say Gladiator.

Gladiator had potential, but I was entirely too distracted by the CGI to really get into the movie. In fairness, I haven't seen it since its original theatrical release.

I'll choose historical action over historical romance any day. Its a guy thing.

To all those who voted Titanic: "Are you not entertained? Are you *not* entertained? Is this not why you're here?"

Titanic. The only dart Gladiator can throw to Titanic is Lisa Gerrard's excellent original score. Nothing More. It was a decent movie, Gladiator, but nowere near the Titanic movie experience, wich is quite spectacular.

I'll say Gladiator. Neither really did anything for me though.

Gladiator beats Titantic. But I'll go with Zimmer and Gerrard's unbeatable score over Dion and Shore...

Gladiator wins i dont really like Titanic.

I'm picking Titanic, although I can definitely see why someone would think differently.

Damn, this is a close one. For now, I'll say Gladiator.

Wow. Very difficult choice for me. I guess I have to go Gladiator, but not a sight on Titanic. It's mostly because I recently re-watched Gladiator.

Titanic wins for me. Two of the best films to win Best Picture in my opinion.

i thought Id say Titanic cause its in my top 20 its so epic and visual but i really like watching Gladiator more i find it really fun and action packed with a better ending both heroes die with honor yet Gladiators death was more important and made the most sense.

I found both films to be a bit over hyped, but "Gladiator" is a bit more well written in my opinion.

Gladiator

Well, titanic for me.

ear
ear

There was a time that I preferred Gladiator but it just doesn't hold up on a repeat viewing.

Joaquin and Russel > Leo and Kate.