The Godfather vs. The Untouchables

15 comments

4 comments

I'm sure I'll be in the minority, but to me this is The Untouchables by a landslide. I like the cast better, the performances, the subject matter, and The Untouchables isn't marred by an hour long friggin' wedding.

I don't love either movie, but I would choose The Untouchables, as well.

Both top 10 but it's still not close.

Interesting to see The Untouchables winning twice. It's a tough decision. The Untouchables is more accessible definitely, but The Godfather sits up a throne of movies.

A porcelain throne, shadownate. :-P

The Untouchables was great the first time I saw it, but after that it always seemed kinda cheesy to me. The Godfather is timeless, however, and gets the nod here.

I think I'd be splitting hairs to compare two of the best films ever made. "The Untouchables" is just more of a personal favorite, and when I get this high on my flickchart, that's usually what it comes down to.

The Godfather. Much better and it is on another level.

The Untouchables is fun, but it can be quite melodramatic at times. And that Ennio Morricone score, while great, certainly makes it feel all the more melodramatic. I still think it's a great film, but against The Godfather? No contest.

The Untouchables is good and features a brilliant performance by De Niro, but as far as I'm concerned The Godfather wins this one in a massacre.

The Godfather without a doubt, but i lie if i didn't say that The Untouchables might end up higher on my list. It already has. I find the movie so bloody entertaining, and surprisingly uplifting given the subject matter.

My God....how do I pick. Fate decides. My favorite two mob movies ever....

Godfather wins for me, it's basically untouchable.

Godfather easy

Godfather easy you feel like your right there the Wedding is masterful You see the inner workings of the family and the dynamics of the Criminal underground Its one of the Greatest ever! Untouchables is great but its to show off and unreasonably moody.

Untoutchables is brilliant but Godfather is perfect!

One of these is the best mob movie ever made, the other is a shitfest called the untouchables.

Agree with HH... Untoutchables is brilliant but Godfather is the absolute perfect film.

the godfather wins!

ear
ear

The Godfather is the one that deserved it's accolades.

ear
ear

The Godfather is the one that deserved it's accolades.

ear
ear

The Godfather is the one that deserves its accolades.

the godfather is better movie but the untouchables is more fun. so my vote is untouchables